CSpenceFLY

Where should we draw the line?

>What behavior do we over look in the name of "Oh, their a fellow
>skydiver that's ok"?

?? Nothing.

I don't overlook anything because someone is a skydiver. I often understand my friends better than strangers, and I (for some strange reason) have a lot of friends who are skydivers. And if I know someone well I am a lot more likely to go to them first before going to someone else.

The crazy guy who screams in the canyon at night? If he were running around throwing rocks at cars I'd probably call the cops. If it was Paul Quade? I'd probably ask him what the fuck he was doing before calling anyone else.

(Note - Paul Quade was just an example! As far as I know he doesn't run around throwing rocks.)

Spence:

What does it matter where "we" draw the line. It's where "Spence" draws the line that should be important to you.

If anyone were to persecute you for your beliefs, I'm sure that you would ensure there is enough evidence to convict. Don't let others draw your lines.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I have spent the last few years trying to be everyones friend because they were skydivers. I've put up with some people that I would not invite to my house.

And yet somehow - Some way - I still goit that opportunity.:D

You never let me inside -

But - I still got invited - if only by proxy.:D:D

. . . . . . .

RE: Subject - Drawing the line -
Anywhere you feel it is appropriate and it works for you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I read that post and before I could reply it got gone. However, I agree wholeheartedly with your original post concerning his behavior and would turn him in in a heartbeat. Anytime someone places another's life in harm's way, he needs to be held accountable, legally. In fact, if I knew for certain that he was at Walterboro (not far from where I used to live and still have friends there) I'd send a pic to my friends and have them watch for him. As soon as he showed up, they would call the authorities. After all, it's OUR community that should be protected from rogue elements. That's the bottom line. As for me, I hold your opinion in the highest regard and it has nothing to do with how long you have been in the sport or how many jumps you have but how I percieve your integrity. Peanut4040 stated that you should keep yourself to yourself but it seems that he interjected himself into the mess, also. Maybe he needs to take his own advice, huh??

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

I still don't know why the other thread got deleted tho..

Because the thread was started under an alias.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

:)

Miss ya RL

SC is a little boring without you;)

You're the best, Jeanne, and I have no doubt you're still winning the argument in every thread with which you grace your presence. :)

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

:$:$:$

You're the best, Jeanne, and I have no doubt you're still winning the argument in every thread with which you grace your presence. :)

Awww Heck.. I just like to argue:)

AND! Give great hugs. :)
Hope to see ya again someday.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I think it's a bit silly to have special rules for skydiver to skydiver confrontation or otherwise.

...the individual/collective societal "clique"

I am trying to think of a coralation.... ummm like a certain number of cops have their "Blue Code of honor"? or perhaps this, an office of 12 people and then this other office worker that is outcasted??

i dunno, its late, been a long ass day, I could be way off ... But i dont care if you all don't care!:P

;)

Well dont wait too long.... this year has pointed out the need to not postpone things.. because you just might not be here tomorrow.. and that applies to ALL of us[:/]

I did my first jump March 2004.
I will say this year has been the worst for me in the skydiving world.

I'm glad it has not been so in my personal world.

Stay as safe as you can..
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I'm told that I was chastised last night after I went to bed for a post I made in the Walterboro thread. something to the effect that I should leave well enough alone and someone like me should not speak out about a fellow skydiver. I'm paraphrasing because I did not see the post.

So my question is, Where do we draw the line? What behavior do we over look in the name of "Oh, their a fellow skydiver that's ok"?

We already seem to overlook open drug use. When something is stolen from the DZ, that doesn't seem to be a big concern anymore. I actually heard people chastise Robbie for leaving his laptop out when it got stolen. Looks like assault is ok in some peoples books. I guess it would be ok if someone came and beat me up for typing this.

My question again is "Where do we draw the line"? When do you think we should ignore the fact that someone is a skydiver and out them for their behavior? I for one think we should expect more from someone that wants to be "one of us". I don't think we should have to worry about "one of us" stealing our things or hurting our friends. And I damn sure don't think that after this behavior has come to light that these people should be aloud to move around within our community and be accepted with open arms at another DZ.

I have spent the last few years trying to be everyones friend because they were skydivers. I've put up with some people that I would not invite to my house. I have decided not to do that anymore. As for those that don't agree with me, we can either agree to disagree or agree not to associate anymore. I don't care which.

I completely agree with everything you said. Spot on. What I don't get is why DZO's are tolerant of drug use on their premises. I would think that would open them up to massive legal liability if anyone gets hurt as a result of someone using drugs. As well as if the cops end up on a DZ at night and find drugs, that could end up earning a DZ a bad reputation among the community. Not as bad as a skyride place (zing!) but close.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

I completely agree with everything you said. Spot on. What I don't get is why DZO's are tolerant of drug use on their premises. I would think that would open them up to massive legal liability if anyone gets hurt as a result of someone using drugs. As well as if the cops end up on a DZ at night and find drugs, that could end up earning a DZ a bad reputation among the community. Not as bad as a skyride place (zing!) but close.

No to mention the bullshit forfeiture laws... I don't think *any* DZO would willingly risk losing his plane over a couple people sneaking out to smoke dope in it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706