SarahC07

"I Am Legend"

I saw it at the Imax. It was very good. One of the better movies I have seen in a while, but then again I don't go to to many movies because for the most part, they all suck.

Who cares if it copied a book or another movie. Bottom line is, I went out on a Friday, saw a good movie, and had a good time. And then lost hundreds at the Blackjack table.

One plot thing that kind of bothered me- he makes a point of saying the "dark seekers" or whatever they are have no humanity left, no survival instincts, etc. They're essentially just mutant animals which I guess is supposed to make it OK to trap and experiment on them, BUT he's apparently been been doing that along. Plus, they are able to able to set a trap for him and launch an attack on his home. Doesn't that make them sentient beings, not just mutant animals? And when they go after him, aren't they simply attacking the person who has been attacking and killing them? And finally, if they are simply evolved/ mutated humans, do they really need a "cure"? I know, its just a movie...... :P

Read the book - you summed up the argument made in the book pretty well:P
Arianna Frances

That tends to be a major problem with almost any novel they turn into a movie. Chances are, the more I love the book, the more disappointed I am with the movie.

I may look for this book and read it now, though. Sounds like it was better than the movie, and I thought the movie was OK. Not great, but decent.

Just watched it friday.

Spoilers

I cried when Sam left. Sam was a very cool part of the interaction.
I was very intrigued by what i thought the story would bring but it never brought it.

Will Smith is amazing anyway but I thought they would go into the interaction of the dark seekers more.

He made a point of saying they lost all traces of humanity when he kidnapped the female. but then the other came hunting for her as if Neville had kidnapped his lover.
He was duped in the same method as he duped the female.
I thought there would be a bit of learning/understanding about them but there was virtually no interaction.

A good movie will keep you thinking when you leave. I left wondering.[:/]

My photos

My Videos

What is this "book" you speak of?:D

YEa I know you can't go deep into all the details but it was a short movie. to me it seemed as if the editors cut will be more interesting.

It seems as if they filmed it with the intention of going into depth but had to cut pieces out to make it fit in theatres.

My photos

My Videos

Will Smith is amazing anyway but I thought they would go into the interaction of the dark seekers more.

I agree 100% with you on that one. I thought it was an Amazing movie, and the only thing I would suggest is that they went into the relationships with the Darkseetkers a little more. Remember when he chased Sam into the Building and found the "Hive." Or what about how they seemed to "Socially Degress" as Smith said into his tape recorder in his basement? Or even a bit more into the Dark Seekers more than just the invasion of his house. WAAAY cool, I would like to have seen more of them...
=========Shaun ==========

one of the key things people are missing about this film is that Richard Matheson is the creator of a great deal of the 'horror conventions' you've been exposed to for the last 50 years.

If so much of this story seems 'derivative and unoriginal' it is because the original work inspired and influenced so many of the movies, tv shows and stories you were exposed to BEFORE you heard of this one...

being exposed to those who 'stand on his shoulders' prior to discovering/being exposed to this story doesnt change the fact that Matheson 'did it first'

"Simpsons did it."

Sorry. It's a quote from southpark.
I just wish they would have explained more of the dark seekers.

if they are marketing this to people who are unfamiliar with the original , like me, then they did a bad job.
My photos

My Videos

well you really arent supposed to get to much of them.. the 'isolation feeling' is a key aspect of the original..

but ofc its a movie... rarely do they live up to their sources.

well you really arent supposed to get to much of them.. the 'isolation feeling' is a key aspect of the original.

See I just didn't get that point when I saw the movie - and I fear that most movie-goers didn't get it either. The isolation feeling was there, but then again, if you are going to develop the Darkseekers as much as they did, then they simple need to elaborate and show them and their habits more. Perhaps a small clip from between the time that his family died to the present would have done it - and maybe something showing their behaviours amongst themselves.
=========Shaun ==========

YEa I get the isolation idea but they jumped 3 years.
During that 3 years he kidnapped LOTS of dark seekers and learned about them enough to feel they lost their humanity, even if he was wrong.

Thats the part I was interested in. Did any of the previous subjects cause problems? or did they just lie on the table land breath fast?

To me, if they didnt want to go into that detail they shouldn't have. But they flirted with it and then left it alone.
My photos

My Videos

I cried when Sam left. Sam was a very cool part of the interaction.

Me to, to me this is one of those films that could have been bad. Will Smith pulled off being basicually the only actor without leaving us bored. There was an unspoken intensity to almost every moment of that film.

The movie had me amazed by the acting, setting and story. It makes you think, appreciate, cry, laugh, and wonder
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this