mamajumps

UPS SUCKS!!!!

Yesterday I paid out thru the nose for a guaranteed delivery by 10:30 this morning. It is now 3:13 at where the package is going and no delivery. I have been on the phone with them all day (since about and hour past guaranteed time). They have told me that I will be getting my money back, but that is not good enough. They can't even return a damn phone call. I will fricking walk my next package somewhere before I ever use UPS again!!!!!>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

Just spoke to Josh with UPS in the Belton service center and the package is lost, not on the truck it is supposed to be on. He has sent out a message to all of the drivers trying to find it. I think Im gonna puke then cry... this is the perfect ending to a horrible day![:/]>:([:/]>:([:/]>:([:/]>:(

Funny how different people have different results. We ship between 20-50 packages every day and I wil only use UPS. Sure things get screwed up on occassion but more so in very specific areas of the country. Now Fed-Ex is great on freight and overnight but their ground SUCKS ass. Don't get me started on DHL. the driver shows up opens the door to his van and all the packages start falling out. he then starts throwing them back in as they keep faling back out...

Oh sorry didn't mean to highjack but if you paid for early morning over night you will get it refunded. it sucks but things happen at least UPS pays quickly on claims where fed-ex just says not our fault and there is nothing you can do about it

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

UPS dropped and ruined a computer and blamed us.

FedEX did the same thing (they got the bottom wet so the computer fell out) and paid for the cost of the computer.

"sure things get screwed up on occasion"

I'm the occasion every time!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

UPS dropped and ruined a computer and blamed us.

FedEX did the same thing (they got the bottom wet so the computer fell out) and paid for the cost of the computer.

All I have to say is don't use the post office! I refuse to even buy a stamp from them period.>:(B|
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

Thats been my experience with UPS

I talked to Josh again about 6 something my time, they located the package which was too late. The time sensitve package is no good now. I will have it back (or so they say) sometime tomorrow... never ever again will they get my money!!!!>:(>:(>:(

edited to add:
the story I got from Josh was that the package was scanned to one truck, but somehow ended up on another????:S WTF? >:( seriously how does that happen???

I work at FedEx freight, and misrouting shipments does happen sometimes, even though it seems like it shouldn't. I imagine that UPS ground has a shit load of small packages that all look the same running through the system. It just takes one little mistake to send that bad boy far, far, away[:/] But like said earlier...shouldda went with FedEx;) (not that im biased or anything)

BASE 1384

One thing I dont like about UPS service. They drop off my packages at my next door's front door instead at my front door every time! (even both of us aren't home) I called to file complaint and finally they fired a driver and ahead of time, they dropped off at my front door! ;);)

Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

edited to add:
the story I got from Josh was that the package was scanned to one truck, but somehow ended up on another????:S WTF? >:( seriously how does that happen???

Thy played hot potato. The one left with the package had to take it.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Not to defend UPS (I think they suck as well), but it happens very easily. I work at the Fedex world hub in Memphis, and trust me, when you are loading 4 or 5 trucks at the same time it is very easy to scan a package for truck A and have it end up in truck B or C...
Having said that, I personally have never once had a good result from UPS, plus their customer service is shit.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

When i built my computer all the parts were sent via UPS. On top of not getting even to my area in the 2 day shipping i paid for they would not deliver to my work address..and i had to drive almost an hour to the closest UPS distribution center....and i didnt get my money back for the 2 day shipping. I finally got everything 14 days after the order was placed....and had to drive to get everything!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Should have gone with Fed Ex... [:/]

Ahhh...Fed Ex!
Iused to have a lot of trouble with deliveries folks have sent UPS. Where I live now, the delivery man calls my wife or me, letting us know he is on his way with a package. He has our cell numbers as well as house phone. The guy goes way above and beyond. I'm sure, this is the 'exception' to the rule. All shipping companies have problems and screw-ups but, till now, I've had the best of luck with Fed Ex.

Chuck

I much prefer UPS to fedex. UPS can have their issues, although I've barely had any. But fedex (ground) just can't get packages to my apartment. They won't leave any packages in the lobby, even if signature is not required by the sender. A driver explained to me that he would be held personally responsible if my package was lost, and since he can't know the value of the package, he won't take the risk. That seems really messed up to me that even after I signed for the package (on the slip fedex leaves when they attempt to deliver), it's still up to the driver to decide if I get my package.

I might not hate fedex ground if they had a closer office, but any time they try to deliver to me (always when I'm at work), I end up having to drive 40ish minutes to pick up the package at their nearest location. And that's a wonderful experience... gotta go through an abandoned security shed, then through an unmarked door into a building to find a random person sitting in a cubicle. No signs, no front desk...

UPS can be weird too... They allow "same day will call" when I find that i missed a delivery early enough. It used to be really shady... Show up between 7 and 9 pm at the closed gate to the parking lot (which happens to be 5 minutes from me). Wait around a while and eventually a guy comes out to take your info. A few minutes later he passes your package through a gap in the chained gate and you sign for it. Feels like a late night drug deal or something. They have a different system for it now which requires going through an employee entrance and showing ID... not as fun.

DHL is the worst I've used. Their tracking shows that a package was delivered to me. Nothing there. All the support I got from them was "we'll send a message to the driver" and I never got farther than that.

Dave

I had a DHL driver deliver something to my house the other day.... before i even say anything he goes "thank god your here, i would hate to have to carry this thing all they way back to the truck (which was in the driveway)" Gives me the package (which had seen better days) and as i walk upstairs i see him burning up the street at full throttle. Nice.
BASE 1384

I work for UPS in a small mountain town, sometimes it can be a real thankless job. I do my best to get my shit done every day. I normally leave a note with my home number. If its late I offer the customer to come by my house and pick it up after hours or on weekends. But some people are really nice and understanding. Especially in the boonies, the guy before me would not delivery out in the bush. I do, some people like me some dont. Like any job.