gNemo

Eloy boogie - the drawback of the road trip - can you help?

Well, I've heard that if you appear you've got a chance to get out of it. Obvioulsy, if you just mail in the fine, then you don't get out of it. It would just be a pain to have to appear at a court in Texas to try to fight a speeding ticket if you lived in Conneticuit. I guess I'd be enclined to figure out how to just mail in the fine, lick my wounds and move on.

Well, I've heard that if you appear you've got a chance to get out of it. Obvioulsy, if you just mail in the fine, then you don't get out of it. It would just be a pain to have to appear at a court in Texas to try to fight a speeding ticket if you lived in Conneticuit. I guess I'd be enclined to figure out how to just mail in the fine, lick my wounds and move on.

With the deferred program you pay the court fees by mail, dont get a ticket in 6 months in that county and it goes away...But for some reason dallas county wont let you mail it in? the others do, bummer. So now I have to go to court to get the program, which the court date isnt till July so it should work out ok....Just would rather get it over with now....Otherwise, yup screw it, pay the fine and not worry about it...

just accept it , pay the penalty and carry on - if you argue when your are clearly guilty youre wasting youe time.

and another tip slow down - you said you were scared but what about the poor sod in another car who you ay have killed shoukd you have lost control - if it says 65 it says 65.

if you find this offensive well sorry, but one always hears of so many youngkids being killed in car crashes cos of reckless speeding or innocent people .

get a fucknig grip. i have no sympathy for speeding. good on the cops in the states that take it seriousely.

Yeah... well... during my driving career, I've been pulled over a half dozen times or so. Got cut loose with a warning on some of them and got tickets on others, but it took that many times for a lesson to finally sink in... here's a trick... "obey the law"... :S

:D

:P

:)

;)

3 tickets in 7 years isnt bad for someone who spent 5 of those on the road for 6 months at a time traveling across the country. Its rare that I speed any more a and this last one was a mistake, didnt even know I was. Came out of a U trun on the interstate service road, 48 in a 40. He was an ass about it too. So I wont complain. Plus my new Murano doesnt help, that baby is easy to be cruising and not know it, it never feels like you are doing the speed.;)

HERE COMES THE CURVEBALL!

I called the judge today. He said I cannot take the driving course because I am out of state. However! I can use the deffered penalty, with 90 days of probabtion. (and $100 extra) The thing is, with my pending case in Virgina that puts a twist into the situation. Let's say that they reduce that to speeding. According to my logic, it would not affect my 90 day probation time, because the violation happened BEFORE the Texas violation. Now I know that law doesn't always go according to logic. So if I knew that my Virginia ticket would not affect my Texas probation time, I would take the deferred punishment. If not, I have to take the speeding ticket. What do you guys think/know?