ACMESkydiver

Our Weekly FITNESS Report for Jan 11-Jan 17

Hello all! How are we doing? :)
Meh, give me some positive reports to combat my shitty one. :P Due to some interesting challenges, I haven't worked out all week. I haven't been careful about what I'm eating for a week. I can already feel my clothes fit tighter after a week! :D

Ok so I'm jumping back in tomorrow...I have some major sleep issues to deal with today (I should be in freaking bed right now instead of typing this!!) :S

So how are all of you doing? Is the weather cooperating where you're at for some outdoor activities? It's rainy and cold and miserable here...doesn't stop my hubby from running his 6 mile route, but it sure the hell stops me. :D He's headed to Chicago to meet up with our buddy Ralffers right now...and he's planning on RUNNING outdoors in Chi-freakin'-cago! What a psycho!! :D

How are the new classes/routines going? Zumba and circuit training and daily hikes and stuff? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey I want in on this! I think!!!! Basically, this year I've decided that I'm going to run a marathon, so that means I HAVE to get back in shape, shed some pounds, eat more properly, etc...

Anyway, my thought process is to workout daily, not necessarily running right now, but doing some sort of activity. Unfortunately, on Sunday I had a bad knee injury so i've had to take it easy from exercising. Wednesday, I attempting my curling game, and my knee was purple when i left. It felt better last night, so I played again, and I was right, my knee is definitely on the mends. Tonight, I plan on resting my knee, have a soccer game saturday, and plan on downhill skiing IF (and only if) my knee is doing alright. I have to be cautious with those injuries! :)
I'm managing to eat properly... Less "snack food", and less chocolate (although I'm still keeping that stuff in my diet though). I don't feel that eliminating things completely is the way to do it. Eating more properly is the way to go, forget the diet thing, it should be more than a diet (in my mind). I haven't drank alcohol since the 1st, although that isn't really that big of a deal since I don't drink very often anyway. I'm just cutting back that's all!!!

Anyway, I don't havce a scale, so i don't plan on reporting weight, because i don't really care about that. I want to gain more muscle in my legs, and lose the fat. Everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat, so a scale isn't going to do much good for me. Eventually, perhaps i should get one.

I am going to be buying a mat this week (probably after work today), so I can start to do morning stretches before heading off to work. Granted I don't NEED a mat for that but I think it'll get me in the mood to do some exercising in the early morning hours!!! :):D

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Workouts are going well....I was getting bored with my elliptical cardio so I printed off the 6 week pre-workout for Officer Training School for the Air Force (story that I will get into later....no i'm not going anytime soon)...

But figured that its enough to change up my cardio and get me running, even though i despise running because it was always used as punishment during sports I played....

I figured that if I want in the astronaut program that:
a. There are no fat astronauts
b. They all like to run (for some strange reason) or at least have a pretty high endurance....so yeah

But its going well, last few days of the first week and i'm already seeing progress with it, so should be interesting...

Everything else as far as weight training is improving as usual and i've incorporated so new workouts as well to add some more difficulty...and i definitely felt it...
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

oh ya i also ordered some beginner books to marathon running which should be arriving shortly. The one book was highly recommended to me, and the other was suggested, so i figured why not... :):)
I just need to get myself in gear, take out my trail running shoes (which i have bought new ones, since my old ones were in awful shape) and go out in the snow and ice (i have traction guards...) :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

No Zumba, but my Latin cardio dance class started back up this week. I really missed that class- its a ton of fun. the scale isn't budging, but I'm getting back into my routine which is good. I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and last night. I couldn't make myself get up and go to the gym this morning and I have tentative plans for tonight, but Monday thru Thursday is OK. I'll try to get in at least one workout this weekend!

Is anyone else enjoying the January crowds at the gym? ;)

Is anyone else enjoying the January crowds at the gym?

Not that I didn't expect it because it always happened at school too, but it never ceases to amaze me...

I get frustrated at people who take 20 mins to get through one machine because they have to read every single line of how to work or use it and then when you 'politely' as if you can work in, they say no..

Seriously?? >:(:S
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

O.K., well I'm in for '08.

Starting off s-l-o-w-l-y so I don't kill myself with pain and then stop because of that. I'm getting out and walking when the roads aren't icy here in Chi-freakin'-cago:D. I tried to persevere past the ice 2 weeks ago and fell down on my knees then, somehow, managed to roll down and over onto to my ass.:S:$ A nice elderly gentleman opened his front door and hollered out to me "Are you O.K. dear or do I need to call 911???":). So, rather than kill my knees and scare the elderly, I let the ice Gods win for now.>:( I'll satisfy myself with workout tapes at home when the weather stinks, but I do love to get outdoors and hear the birds sing. Being outside is much more satisfying than trying to walk on a treadmill.

Have changed my diet and am learning which foods really help my body run at it's best. Have lost a few pounds and have some momentum going to continue.

I'm going to add something called Bickram (sp?) yoga soon - I have an Indian friend who swears by it. Apparently it's doing yoga in a room heated at higher than normal temp., not sure how hot, but hot. Says having the room extra warm makes a big difference, especially if you've have had injuries...we'll see;)

Good health and progress to all!

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

Slowly working my way back up to exercising as the body is recovering from being a walking germ factory for the last couple weeks. Did about a 30 minute walk yesterday, probably do the same today (especially since that strange bright orb is out in the sky today - what is that thing called again? It's been so long, I can't remember) and through the weekend along with lots of rest to kick out the last of the germs. I'm hoping to be back in the gym early next week.:)
Food situation is still good.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Both of my little ones and I came down with a nasty stomach virus on Sunday night so no gym for me on Monday or Tuesday, but Wednesday I was back at it. Unfortunately, it really sucked....my run was terrible and my body pump class started late and with a whole new routine that even the instructor wasn't too familiar with (late cues and so forth), and I was still weak from the virus. But yesterday and today were much better and I have another run scheduled for tomorrow with a friend. Don't know how the rest of you feel about it but I've been having much stronger, faster, and longer runs when I run with a partner so some of you who (like me) are just getting "into running" might give that a try. Oh, and one more thing.....I know the New Year's Resolution crowd is frustrating at the gym, but maybe try to befriend a few new people...you never know who might turn out to be a faithful "workout partner." Something brought them there in the first place, don't let your attitude towards them be the excuse they need to quit, instead give them a reason to stick with it ;). Have a great weekend everyone!!

My best workout "partner" is my iPod, unless you include my trainer and the woman who teaches the group classes I enjoy so much, and they get paid to be there.

I agree that it can be nice to go to the gym with someone but when a friend and I were trying to motivate each other, we tended to have the opposite affect. If she couldn't go, I wouldn't go and vice versa. If we drove together, we'd stop whenever one of us was done, even if the other one wanted to stay and do more.

And just because I've commented on the extra crowds at the gym, please don't assume I need a lecture on how to be nice. The fact is, January at any health club pretty much sucks, especially at the peak hours and during the more popular classes. Besides, most of those new faces will be history by February. More power to them if they aren't.

Just did my PT test yesterday and got an 85 (good). I did 50 pushups (1min), 40 situps (1min), and got 11:30 on the 1.5 mile run. Yay! I just borrowed some badassery from Chuck Norris, Bear Grylls, and Les Stroud.;)

I totally would have kicked ass in the army if we only had to do a 1.5 mile timed run instead of a 2 mile run! Serious...I always fell off my pace in the last half mile...:S

We had 2 minutes each on push ups and sits, but they were never a problem for me back then. I always maxed 'em out, so my sucky run didn't drag me down so much. :P

I still wouldn't have matched your marks even on my best day, though! :ph34r:
~Jaye

My best workout "partner" is my iPod, unless you include my trainer and the woman who teaches the group classes I enjoy so much, and they get paid to be there.

I agree that it can be nice to go to the gym with someone but when a friend and I were trying to motivate each other, we tended to have the opposite affect. If she couldn't go, I wouldn't go and vice versa. If we drove together, we'd stop whenever one of us was done, even if the other one wanted to stay and do more.

And just because I've commented on the extra crowds at the gym, please don't assume I need a lecture on how to be nice. The fact is, January at any health club pretty much sucks, especially at the peak hours and during the more popular classes. Besides, most of those new faces will be history by February. More power to them if they aren't.

Easy....they were only suggestions so please don't assume that I was lecturing you or anyone else for that matter. I was simply pointing out what has been helpful to me and what might possibly be helpful to others trying to stick to their New Year's resolutions. No need to be nasty (to them or me.)

Welcome aboard! Well now then let me know how that Hatha Yoga or whatever is...I've heard some great things about it from friends. There isn't a 'hot' yoga place near me. :S Some day I'd like to try it though! :)

~Jaye

Welcome aboard!

Thanks!

Well now then let me know how that Hatha Yoga or whatever is...I've heard some great things about it from friends.

Will do!
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

No one WAS nasty. We were commenting about the extra people at the gym. That's all. No one said anything about being nasty to them except you. January is an amusing and/or somewhat challenging month to be at the gym during peak hours. I freely admit that not all that long ago that I WAS one of those "newsyearsresolutioners" with good intentions that lasted all of 3 weeks.

And like I said, working out with a buddy looks like a great idea on paper and actually works for some people but not for everyone. There are drawbacks. Don't get too dependent on that workout partner. Its too easy to lose your own motivation when he (or she) loses his.

I've actually met some really nice people at my gym but that's not why I go there.