psipike02

Sneaking Booze onto a cruise ship...

Carnival does check checked-Luggage but kinda let the alcohol thing slide.
RCL does not. They will conviscate it.
Go to
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/
and do a search for the smuggling thing. They highly recommend using Rum Runners.

For carry on you can use water bottles with vodka. You are allowed one bottle of wine per adult pass. I plan on refilling my wine bottle with something a little better.

Edited to add: You are not limited to amount/weight of luggage as long as it fits in your stateroom.
Some folks simply wrap the case of water/cokes in duct tape and put lugage tags on them.

We are putting a case of water in one suitcase. A case of Diet cokes in another and our private bar in a third wrapped in bubble wrap.

Have fun. We are sailing the old and venerable Holiday out of Mobile on 2/7/08.

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

That's outrageous that they gouge you at the bar that badly. >:(

You ain't kidding. Most mixed drinks are at least $5 or more. I was gonna have at least one every night, but after the second night of a 5 night cruise, I stopped drinking booze. It just ain't worth it.

oof - if you ordered a martini at a bar in San Francisco you might have a heart attack. I remember a $12 one on New Year's....in 2001. on the positive, it was the size of a swimming pool.

Yeah, I drink mostly at home as a result. Out...well they can only mark up beer so much.

I went on Carnival 3 years ago and put vodka in water bottles, and carried it right through in my backpack. You are allowed to bring on a 6 pack of water. If you put liquor in your carry on, buy the plastic bottle, or transfer to a plastic bottle, and place in plastic ziploc bag in case it leaks. You can even carry your 'water bottle' to the pool and use the juice at the food area, which is free. It is true, if you buy liqour on board, you will not be able to pick it up until last day, so dont count on drinking it. It is cheap though.

I've gone on many cruise and actually work in the fine wine/spirits industry and can tell you with confidence and experience that checked baggages are not checked. In fact, on my trips I bring at least a case (12 bottles) of wine and/or liquor. I have never ever had a problem. I simply tip my bell men (the guy who checks in your bag) and zip my lips. I usually give him $20 bucks and reply "of course not" if he asks if I've packed liquor. You may want to invest in a "shipper box". You'll need to ask your local fine wine shop if they can get one for you or buy one from your local Box Etc.
Don't count on "duty free". They usually don't give you access to your purchases until about 12 hour before returning from your trip and by that time, at least I'm usually tired of drinking. Although sometimes I can sneak bottles back onto the ship. You just have to play dump.
Good luck!!! You'll do fine.