CSpenceFLY

What the hell Jay? Skyfest?????? See all it took was a nudge. June 4-9th 2008 at Skydive Carolina which is Chester S Carolina

The Reunion includes the Hellfish, Muff Brothers and now SkyFest!

Don't forget the Pink Mafia (even though we were a little short last year!) and Team Dirty Sanchez!:P

Someone should slap me for that!! Maybe we can get our lovely Mod. to let me add that......ohhhhh Andrea where are you?

Mebbe we could get a few people to show just how fast they REALLLLLY are;)

I can hit 135-140 on my belly...what's that equate to HD?

Slow poke

:D:D:D

I imagine head-down would be just a *tidge* faster... I'll have to see what my max was on my A-license jump...after Todd fruit-looped me he took us head-down... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If you will do it THEY WILL COME

I can do it.. barring the new job not letting me get away for a few days..

I will check with the Websites for when they are speeding in Europe and where this year. I have seen nothing official for this year.

I would be happy to let you know what our requirements are...

Last time we did it at Jumptown they gave us a pass at 13500 with three of us out in succession... then a second pass for the rest of the load of RW and freeflyers.
Speeders HAVE to go out first.. a competitive speed jump is about 40 to 45 sec of freefall from 13500.
You are looking at the horizon so you definitely do not want anyone below you at these speeds when you are not looking at what is below you... much like any head down jump.

I would be happy to run a seminar so everyone stays safe.

We will also need to make sure we follow the ISSA Rules to the letter to ensure any records set are indeed worthy to put on the website.

I have attached a PDF of the rules for 2006 and 2007 since 2008 rules are no where in sight yet.

The rules are not going to be very different for this year.

There will need to be qualifications on Friday for those who have never competed before... and the Competition will need to be on Sat and Sun . I n the past we did manage to get all 6 qualifying jumps done in one day on SAT.

RECORDS.... you will get the idea.

http://gssdb.speedskydiving.eu/hall_of_fame.php?links=off

These are AVERAGES through the measured kilometer from about 8900' down to 5500 ft. Technically you are accelerating the whole way from 13500 ft down to 5500 Ft.

The averages are two Pro Tracks attached somewhere near your center of mass. and they must read within 30 KM of each other when the averages are being computed OR the jump is considered OUT OF BOUNDS.

Audibles are required in your helmet and ONLY normal skydiving gear is allowed.. NO Pointy helmets... NO LEAD WEIGHTS.....

But you can wear vinyl suits if you like;)

But you can wear vinyl suits if you like

Ohhhhh....kinky!!! :P

You've obviously never met vskydiver. :D She likes to call it her hefty bag suit.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey everyone, thanks for all the PM's. Please be patient while I try to get back to every one, I got 36 PM's in one night form this damn post, thanks Chris!!! mumble mumble.

James and I from SD Carolina have been on the phone every day for the last two weeks trying to work things out. I dont see any relief in the near future so just give me time to respond to you.

Again thanks to all of you for the support, the SF website will be up soon with a new look and 2008 info. Ben from collegeskydiving.com has been working hard to make this happen, Poor bastard, has had to put of with me slowing his progress.
It looks great though.

Thanks again

J

re: I would be happy to go over the proper way to do this..... to ensure no one gets hurt.

Its not so easy as one would think to slow down from 250 MPH+ from 5500 ft to where I dump at 2500'

I've recently been easing into some freeflying and would certainly welcome some pointers :)
And J, of course I will be available as a volunteer at the booth! It was certainly an experience last year, great group of people :S

hmmm says the mouse

uh huh...

Wel alot of guys would have shrinkage issues that would prevent that kindo f visual.. some do...Those are the ones I would like to meat anyway;)

Well IF they can get all that member to fill up nice and hard:)

since i have received the award for thread killing, shall I use my talents now? Even if it is a thread about SF? uggh!

LOL:P:P