CSpenceFLY

What the hell Jay? Skyfest?????? See all it took was a nudge. June 4-9th 2008 at Skydive Carolina which is Chester S Carolina

What the hell Jay? You told me at The Farm that you didn't think you were going to have time to make it happen this year. Then you get on here and tell everyone that you are going to announce something soon. If you want to have anything bigger then a Cessna Boogie you better get with the program and let us know so people can make plans.

Just think of this as tough love.

Have a nice day!!:)
Mission accomplished June 4-9th 2008 at Skydive Carolina which is Chester S Carolina

It's January. Spence. Why ya being such a drama queen?

Because he knows Im late!:)
Oh, dammit Chris..its J just a J!!! has been since 1971 and SkyFest has a capitol F..... for, oh never mind..........

Well Spence here it is!!

SkyFest 2008

June 4-9th 2008 at Skydive Carolina which is Chester S Carolina.
We are joining forces with the Rodriguez Brothers Family Reunion and the B J Worth and Roger Ponce Invitational 100 ways.

The Reunion includes the Hellfish, Muff Brothers and now SkyFest!

The 100 ways will be moved up to Wed thru Fri, with them cutting loose for Sat and Sun, to come play with us.

Folks, I probably dont even need to say it but this will this may become the largest event of the year!!

3 Casa's, Otter, Balloon and more to be announced.

Oh one more thing, not really important, but we will be giving away Otter loads!:)
The free loads will start on Thursday so look for more details.

Womens State Record
FF State Record
SCR's
And of course the famous TeXXas 20 way Pink Patch, a chance to jump with 19 beautiful ladies!!! Still want my Pink Patch
Huge Gear auction, rigs, canopies, helmets etc....
At least a dozen manufacturers will be on hand
My god, the Rodriguez Brothers invading SkyFest....what would Lee think?

There Chris, now I really have work to do!

I'm looking forward to this. I have not been to Chester in a few years. Maybe I can convince some of the RoamingDZ crowd to make the trip since Dublin is not going to happen. Just so everyone knows, if I do anything this year it is going to be small so you might want to save your money and plan on going to Chester for this. I hope the DZ keeps an eye on this and plans for aircraft accordingly. We have been known to cause a problem in that department. (cough..Z-hills '05...cough)

I'm looking forward to this. I have not been to Chester in a few years. Maybe I can convince some of the RoamingDZ crowd to make the trip since Dublin is not going to happen. Just so everyone knows, if I do anything this year it is going to be small so you might want to save your money and plan on going to Chester for this. I hope the DZ keeps an eye on this and plans for aircraft accordingly. We have been known to cause a problem in that department. (cough..Z-hills '05...cough)

what ya talking about willis?????

Stitch

Will you be the Cheese to my Macaroni??

dont you think you have caused enough havoc in my life you rat bastard??? I am the only one allowed to kill threads!!! ;) BTW, why did you ever talk to Lee, wish you would have given that ride home from Ill.......yea, if you would have been quiet, you would not owe me $20K in losses!!! So I guess all I can say is: I have some CHEESE for you!! :P

Gee does the 4 MONTH RULE.... count here???

Damn you, I did not post this!

and

There will a Speed Dive Competition held during SkyFest!
1st place-- A custom SF altimeter, 2 free skydives, and ....and......and......what do you need Amazon???

2nd place....ummm what ever Amazon allows me to give away.....

See J looking for prizes!!

:P:P:P:P

There will a Speed Dive Competition held during SkyFest!
1st place-- A custom SF altimeter, 2 free skydives, and ....and......and......what do you need Amazon???

Well since most of the Speed comptetitions worldwide have been sponsored by L and B and are sanctioned by ISSA.. you may want to change that to L and B Protrack and Pro Dytters depending on win place and show. Check with them... we always seemed to have those as prizes. Also the two World Cup meets I went to at Jumptown there were PD CAnopy certificates 30 to 50% off... again.. check with Kolla or whoever at PD ....Heck mebbe we could even get some of the European types to come over and show off their reallly tight Vinyl suits.. which SHOULD get Remi all hot and shit.. and he might come too..

Mebbe we could get a few people to show just how fast they REALLLLLY are;).. I keep hearing some fast numbers but its all about how high the AVERAGE at the bottom of the protrack is.. If your average for the whole dive aint over 225 MPH.... you just aint speeding;)

I am sure if you contacted Arnold Hoennegger from Austia.. we could even get the official set of PRO-TRACK'S from the ISSA

Mike you may want to get a few more jumps under your belt before you try this..... you have to remain stable on your head.. penciled out from 13500 down to 5500 ft ... and its far harder to maintain that than most people think.

Getting unstable at 200 MPH can hurt.

You also need a really good full face helmet with a facemask that will not blow off at speed, a couple audibles in the helmet and a rig that is really really tight and secure to your body. The rig has to be VERY freefly friendly. Having anything that could cause a premature deployment at these speeds can kill you.

I would be happy to go over the proper way to do this..... to ensure no one gets hurt.

Its not so easy as one would think to slow down from 250 MPH+ from 5500 ft to where I dump at 2500'

It was meant as a joke...but thank you for the info - I can see where there would need to be a lot of experience and planning for something like that!

250+ @5500 to 120 @ 2500... that's a hell of a lot of deceleration!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hrm....me thinks i just might make it to this one.

Oh Oh Oh you bring that avatar back that i sooooooooooo want till SkyFest, I will cover your registration (well if you donate 1/2 day in my booth) and I will include 2 free jumps!! No really, I would love to meet you in person, finally, I mean I know you have been dyeing to meet me.
:S

Hey the hell with you guys Im not and never did get married[:)

Just want people who want to try it to be safe.
;)

I blew up one canopy because I did not slow down enough.. needless to say that was one HARD ass slammer opening:S

And I windburned my face so badly on that dive that I actually had peeling like a sunburn a few days later. but.. the dive was over 300 MPH... and I did not pull out of the dive at 5500.. it was the 2nd dytter alarm at 4500.... I did not even hear the first one go off at 5500... not bright... not bright at all...
Ignorance of the dynamics of speed diving can get you hurt.. or worse.