Muenkel

I don't want to jinx it, but I just may be able to return to skydiving!

What stopped me dead in my tracks was my head injury. After 4 1/2 years, I am doing tremendously better. My biggest obstacle currently has been constant severe migraine headaches (as often as twice a week).

Despite what my doctors have said, my cousin (a doctor down in Fla.) decided to take a close look at my case. He truly believes that the biggest culprit regarding my headaches is side effects from the several medications I am on. He gave me some suggestions. The first being was to reduce the amount of Prozac I'm on. I did this with my doctor's permission about 3 weeks ago and for the past week I have not had a single headache.B| I'm now looking into eliminating other neurological drugs. It seems every med out there causes headaches as a side effect.

After 4 1/2 years, I finally have hope. I know this process is not going to happen overnight, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Please wish me luck.

Thanks,
Chris

What stopped me dead in my tracks was my head injury. After 4 1/2 years, I am doing tremendously better. My biggest obstacle currently has been constant severe migraine headaches (as often as twice a week).

Despite what my doctors have said, my cousin (a doctor down in Fla.) decided to take a close look at my case. He truly believes that the biggest culprit regarding my headaches is side effects from the several medications I am on. He gave me some suggestions. The first being was to reduce the amount of Prozac I'm on. I did this with my doctor's permission about 3 weeks ago and for the past week I have not had a single headache.B| I'm now looking into eliminating other neurological drugs. It seems every med out there causes headaches as a side effect.

After 4 1/2 years, I finally have hope. I know this process is not going to happen overnight, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Please wish me luck.

Thanks,
Chris

GOOD LUCK!!! :)
'Shell

Please wish me luck.

Thanks,
Chris

Good luck bro...

I really hope things work out for you.:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

My biggest obstacle currently has been constant severe migraine headaches (as often as twice a week).

Good luck to you! :) I too, suffered from migraines for the longest time. I didn't have a head injury and didn't have to take neurologic drugs. Mine were caused by out of control hormones. For whatever reasons my hormones finally leveled out and I haven't had a single migraine for the past 2 months. I hope mine stay away. I hope yours stay away too.

Please wish me luck.

You got it...you are wished all the luck in the world!!

This is a promising turn of events for you...I hope before the summer is out we start hearing tall tales of your exploits at boogies and DZ's;):D
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

That would be great ! And falling out of a plane would be much less dangerous than falling down the stairs.

:DWhen I was injured back in '03, I was in the midst of AFF. After that, so many whuffos said to me "I hope you don't plan on skydiving again." My reply was "Hell yeah, it's not skydiving I fear; it's staircases.":D

Damn turtle responded. Now my dream is jinxed.:P;)

If this works, these are my goals:

1. Get back to working full time.
2. Revisit AFF.

Only 2 goals. Not too much to ask for...right?

You forgot to include "Smell Farts on way to altitude"
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Cool beans. I believe most headaches are caused by lack of 3 things. Air, water, and the efficient circulation of air and water in the body. Drink water, breathe deep, and keep stretching/exercising. Damn i have a headache from sleeping and not breathing enough or drinking enough water. Oh and lack of exercise.[:/]

1. Get back to working full time.
2. Revisit AFF.

You forgot "stay the fuck away from stairs"

Good luck, and yeah, drug interactions are a bitch. Maybe try some tunnel time before getting back in the air, too.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)