Maxx

Skydiving skills that convert to reallife

Jeez, I've hung on to the outside of an airplane at 13,000 feet and let go. This is nowhere NEAR that scary."

THat's true for me too. I find I am much more willing to take risks than I was for a long time. It is also improving my teaching in that I am getting a real feel for being a student, especially one who doesn't get it perfect the first time. I also understand why when I ask are there any questions at the end of a class, I get a bunch of blank looks. You don't know you have a question until later. At least with my math classes, you are on the ground when the question comes up instead of in the air.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Jeez, I've hung on to the outside of an airplane at 13,000 feet and let go. This is nowhere NEAR that scary."

reply]

That one makes me smile as well. *I* did that. I did that even when I was pretty sure I couldn't. Guess what--I'm capable of a lot more than I ever imagined! ;) Funny how someone TELLING you what you're capable of isn't anything like proving it to yourself.
TPM Sister #102

That was the exit for my third tandem and I nearly didn't let go. I still laugh about it. I mean really, its crazy, right? Hanging on to the side of a plane at 13K, staring at the prop? What's even crazier is not realizing until my third jump that it WAS crazy! And still going back for more...............

I have mastered all the skills necessary to become a great trash collector.

I have learned that when the powers-that-be don't give shit, I'm wasting my time if I give a shit.

Listening to my elders.

If I fall down, I can pick myself back up.

Humility. Anybody that lands on a gas station HAS to have humility and a good sense of humor.

Driving a bus filled with screaming meemies all going full-tilt at the same time.

Patience...nah, I don't have that skill yet.

the only person older than you is twardo, and I'd rather stick my penis in a beehive than take his advice.:D:ph34r::P:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I know ways to get people to buy beer.

I know how cold it gets when being doused by a case of cold beer.

I know it'd be rude not to inform everyone else in the plane of what I ate the day prior.>:(

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

* Tendancy to catch falling objects before they hit the ground (ketchup bottles, water, and especially beer bottles)

I second the beer bottle opening. A wise man once told me, if you can't open it up within 3feet from where you are standing, you don't deserve to drink it!
HYPOXIC

Sometimes skydiving skills can work against you in real life;
Example, when you go out of control, then instinctively go into a hard arch to regain stability; Not a good idea when slalom water-skiing; Trust me.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That was the exit for my third tandem and I nearly didn't let go. I still laugh about it. I mean really, its crazy, right? Hanging on to the side of a plane at 13K, staring at the prop? What's even crazier is not realizing until my third jump that it WAS crazy! And still going back for more...............

I was the same way on my third jump too :D The first one I was slightly nervous, not really scared. The second one I thought was a blast, had so much fun. The the third time came around and I was freaking out (quietly) on the ride up. I can't wait to do it again. :)

It has made me much more risk conscious than I was before.

Stupid hurts, a lot.

People have a lot of free advice, make sure you get it from a highly experienced source. When you get the advice do what they told you to do, otherwise see first lesson.

People will look at you funny when you yell door as a joke and your not at the dz.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

I can now successfully fart at several locations - and noone is the wiser - and someone else always gets blamed.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I can now successfully fart at several locations - and noone is the wiser - and someone else always gets blamed.

You're a blamer, not a claimer, eh?:D

Waddn't me.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

I have incriminating video>:(

Caint

Caint

aint no caint

Caint

aint no caint

Is so.

Caint

aint no caint

Is so.

nuh uh.:|

Caint

aint no caint

Is so.

Yup.

Caint

aint no caint

Is so.

Yup.

Nup.