LisaH

Heal fast kbordson!

ACME - I was told that either I fix it at this time or I have to wait a week for the surgery. And when I started asking about quick flying up home to get it fixed... not met with approval. So not the fact that I was a cool dr..... just the break itself determines surgery timing.

I'm still saying it's because you're a cool doctor! B|:P

Very glad to hear from you on the boards here & more speedy recovery wishes.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Karen is out of recovery, and in good spirits, she is in a mid thigh cast, and will be for 6 weeks.
5 or 6 screws/pins no plates.
She isw already rushing her PT, and making them chase her down the hallway:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

She will be out of hospital either Thursday or Friday

F L A R E :P

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

She is doing well and QUITE the trooper!!! I have never seen anyone willing to give themselves their own IV (almost got sick)

Just remember, flaring IS important Karen:P
xo

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: there is nothing wrong with wanting to start your own IV.....I would do my own:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

The hospital here in Z Hills was very nice. The nurses were sweet and usually pretty quick with the pain meds! The ortho really rocked. He was a great guy that I developed a lot of confidence for. Everything went very smooth.

Not that I'm saying that you should vacation here.... but rather understand that even though it's a smaller hospital, I felt that it gave top notch care. :)

I am glad everything went well in your surgery. I have had to pick up patients off of airplanes up here due to ortho surgery gone wrong in FL. Good luck heal fast.

Can I palpate your veins?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

then why does everyone go there simply to get stabilized and then go to Tampa for the real work??

I was unaware of that, but that certainly makes sense. The few times I have visited friends were in the hours after they arrived there....but the ortho guys do see a lot of the results of bad landings I'd guess...

mp

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I really hope I never need it, but honey, I'll fork out the $15K! Get me on that helicopter, haul my ass to St. Joes and call everyone at Florida Orthopaedic Institute over, stat!

Edit to add: Ok, I do have to say that since the hospital in Zhills changed ownership last year, I understand the service level has gone waaaay up. I just happen to be a frequent flier at Florida Ortho & their docs mostly work out of UCH, St Joes & Tampa General.

and I entirely agree!...if I ever "fall off the ladder while painting", that's what I want to happen too.

Mine (for my right leg) was "fell off the ladder cleaning out gutters.";) The x-ray tech looked at me, looked at the x-rays and said, "How tall was that freakin' ladder?":D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

hey...if they want to get paid for their services...I fell off a ladder! ;)

Yup! I have also learned that (with my left leg) if you tell them you fell while wearing Heeley's, they laugh and don't question you again, however, every other nurse, tech, Dr. etc on duty will come in and check on you while laughing.:$:D:D

I'm too old for the Heeley excuse...they would think that one very odd.
of course "painting or cleaning gutters" in skydiver garb may seem odd to them as well.
:D

Hell, i'm 33, i am too old too but i did it anyway:D And about the skydiving garb, your true friends will strip you down to sweats and a t-shirt before going to the emergency room, that's what mine did anyway. I remember one girl was taking off my freefly pants and stopped, looked me in the face and said, "You ARE wearing underwear right?":D:D

Sorry for the hijack Doc, hope you heal well and do what the Dr. said;)

How many screws? A plate? Whud you break? I'm a poet and didn't even know it!

Heal fast!!!!

Initial surgery 1/2/08 - 4 screws and one pin (Tibial fixation)
Today's surgery 1/17/08 - 1 plate and 6 more screws. (Fibula fixation)

Hope this does the trick. Heal fast! :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo