adventurechick

Passed!

Today I took my physical test for Wildland Firefighting with the City Firefighters and passed! I walked 3 miles carrying 45 pounds of weight on my back for under 45 minutes... and this was a walk. No running or jogging was allowed. The pack cut off my circulation, so on each lap, I was tingling in my fingers, hands, arms... but I did it! Now I can start applying for some jobs with the feds, but I'm going to continue my education and take some helitack and air operations courses!! :-)

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Today I took my physical test for Wildland Firefighting with the City Firefighters and passed! I walked 3 miles carrying 45 pounds of weight on my back for under 45 minutes... and this was a walk. No running or jogging was allowed. The pack cut off my circulation, so on each lap, I was tingling in my fingers, hands, arms... but I did it! Now I can start applying for some jobs with the feds, but I'm going to continue my education and take some helitack and air operations courses!! :-)

WOW! That is great!! Your working hard for it. Fantastic!

Hope to see you in Chester??:)

That's awesome! And it is even better to hear that your bum ankle hasn't slowed you down too much! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Have you taken Fire Standards Gail?

I took I-190, I-130, a few other courses they threw in, I-100, I'm signed up for Air Operations and I took I-200. I have 2 more classes to take after Air Operations to get in with helitack. With the 45 lb. pack test, I'm going in the system and getting my red card!! All of this is just so exciting!!!

Isn't life just cool? You can just do whatever you want with it! Man, this rocks!

Who else is excited about life?!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233