gonzalesna

Help make Gonzo's DZ-hopping plans!

I'm moving from 29 Palms, CA to Pensacola, FL. I leave the 7th of January and check in on the 27th. I'll be traveling through Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. I want to hit up a bunch of DZ's along the way, so...

Here's the list so far:

Eloy
Temple
Spaceland
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
The Farm

Where else should I go?
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

If you're coming through Colorado, there's MileHi, up in Longmont.

Eloy
MileHi
Temple
Spaceland
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
The Farm

:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

If you're coming through Colorado, there's MileHi, up in Longmont.

Eloy
MileHi
Temple
Spaceland
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
The Farm

:)

Yipppeeee! I can't jump with you but I can fly in the tunnel with you if you can work that into your schedule, too. And I can always be persuaded to drop by the dz, anyway. :)
TPM Sister #102

Yipppeeee! I can't jump with you but I can fly in the tunnel with you if you can work that into your schedule, too. And I can always be persuaded to drop by the dz, anyway. :)

Sure can. I haven't seen snow in over a year, and have only played in it 3 times in the past 5 years. A snowball fight is definately in order.

Never been in a wind tunnel, so that's definately gonna happen too. I jumped at Perris, which has a tunnel, I just never ended up getting in there.

Let me know when you'll be at Temple. :)

Sometime between the 7th and the 27th. :P:D

Smartass :P

Have a great time on your way to Florida.

Better than being a dumbass.:P

I'll probably be there somewhere around the 13th, but since I'm still making plans, that's subject to change.:)

I'll buy you a jump when you head to Temple, Aggieland, and/or Spaceland. Hell, I might even jump with you. You can always go to Skydive San Marcos as well. I think they have an Otter out there. Temple and Aggieland are Cessna dropzones. If you need a place to stay, let me know.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Aggieland, of course!!

Hey, AD...still have that extra cartridge for your Taser? :):P:D

Eloy
MileHi
Skydive Kansas
Temple
Aggieland
Spaceland
Skydive N'Awlins
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
Alabama Skydiving Center
The Farm

;)

DON'T TASE ME, BRO!!!:S:S:D

Any dz's on the list that won't be jumping in January due to cold weather or anything like that? I figure if they're jumping in MileHi, they'll pretty much be jumping anywhere, and though I've never been wrong before, I'm bound to be at some point.:)

I'm moving from 29 Palms, CA to Pensacola, FL. I leave the 7th of January and check in on the 27th. I'll be traveling through Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. I want to hit up a bunch of DZ's along the way, so...

Here's the list so far:

Eloy
Temple
Spaceland
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
The Farm

Where else should I go?

As if it won't take you long enough to drive through Texas you have four DZs within a short distance from I 10.
Sky Dive San Marcos
Gravity Rats near Austin
Aggieland
and finally ..Spaceland
I figure what should be a normal 12 hour drive west to east should take about about a week if you stop at all of these. I probably have left someone off the list, but they'll chime in soon enough.
SSM, the Rats and Spaceland all have turbines, I'm not sure about Aggieland.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

Eloy
MileHi
Skydive Kansas
Temple
Aggieland
Skydive San Marcos
Spaceland
Skydive N'Awlins
Gold Coast Skydivers
Emerald Coast Skydivers
Alabama Skydiving Center
The Farm

Once I get all my DZ's picked out, I'll make out a timeline so you guys can enjoy the case of beer I'll owe each DZ.B|

Ok, here we go... still subject to change, but here's a rough flight plan...

Eloy- Jan 9th-10th
MileHi- Jan 12th-13th
SD Kansas- Jan 15th
SD Temple- Jan 19th
SD Aggie- Jan 20th
Spaceland- Jan 21st
SD N'Awlins- Jan 22nd
Gold Coast- Jan 23rd
Alabama SD Center- Jan 25th
The Farm- Jan. 26th

If you're gonna be around, come and jump. If I missed anything, let me know, but I think I covered things pretty well.:)

I'm moving from 29 Palms, CA to Pensacola, FL.

Hear that, hushpuppy-better sell now before your property values crash:)

I'm in the military... I don't own property... I live in the barracks.:P

Eloy- Jan 9th-10th
MileHi- Jan 12th-13th
SD Kansas- Jan 15th
KS State Univ. SD Club- Jan 15th
SD Temple- Jan 19th
SD Aggie- Jan 20th
Spaceland- Jan 21st
SD N'Awlins- Jan 22nd
Gold Coast- Jan 23rd
The Farm- Jan. 26th

If you're gonna be around, come and jump. If I missed anything, let me know, but I think I covered things pretty well.:)

Had to remove SD Kansas, since according to DZ.com, they require an AAD, which I don't have. Instead I'll be going to Kansas State University Skydiving Club. (That's how it's listed on dz.com)

Eloy- Jan 9th-10th
MileHi- Jan 12th-13th
KS State Univ. SD Club- Jan 15th
SD Temple- Jan 19th
SD Aggie- Jan 20th
Spaceland- Jan 21st
SD N'Awlins- Jan 22nd
Gold Coast- Jan 23rd
The Farm- Jan. 26th

Are any of these DZ's only open on weekends or closed in the winter?