efs4ever

Bug in glove. NASTY

So I'm getting ready to ride my bike to the office on a day cold enough for gloves. I've got a nice pair that come up over the sleeve of my jacket. One of them had been lying on the floor for a few days because my lazy ass didn't pick it up and put it in the closet with the helmet where it belonged. I get the gloves and my trusty full face and head out. Inside the left glove in the index finger hole a ROACH decided it was a good place to DIE.

The second I stuck my finger in there I knew what it was. It was the CREEPIEST FEELING IN THE WORLD.

Getting the bugger out has been even more trouble. I've crunched it up and tried to shake it out, pounded the glove on the floor, thumped it, put tape on a hemostat and rammed it up in there to collect the pieces and shot air from a computer cleaner can up there.

I can still feel pieces of it. I'm going home to power up the ole air compressor and see if blowing a good blast of air will get the last of it.

Nowhere but Texas
>:(
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Have you tried turning the glove inside out?

It's a gauntlet type leather glove, and it would not be possible to turn it inside out.

yes it is i have done it to my gloves before
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Nowhere but Texas
>:(

Squeak lives in Texas? :S:D
WTF does that have to do with me:D:D you're still on drugs arn't you:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: how did the surgery go?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

True story told to me by a ski shop employee at Taos:

Girl came into the shop in the middle of the day complaining that one of her boots was just jamming up her toes and making her foot cramp terribly. She wanted to know if their boot-fitter could do something for her.

She took off the boot and handed it to him. He reached in and pulled out...a dead mouse.

:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hey just think.. It could have been a Black Widow Spider.... there are LOTS of things that are worse than a roach.

Makes me feel a bit better about what I found in my hiking boots Saturday morning. I'd left them sitting in the garage for a few years not being used at all, until it snowed and I wanted to take the little girl outside to play in her first snow. There were cobwebs all over the boots so I shook them. Felt some rattling in them. Upended them to see what came out. A bunch of acorns! :S

That'll teach me to leave the garage door open all day. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Years ago, at a dropzone (that starts with Z) far-far away, I watched a guy put on his jumpsuit and rig, and start walking toward the plane. He stopped suddenly, then started dancing around, yanking his rig and jumpsuit back off, and speaking in tongues! Turned out he had laid his jumpsuit on a fire ant hill and the little buggers climbed in and waited for him.
Sundance: (chuckling) "You just keep thinkin' Butch...that's what yer good at."

We had an instructor who unwittingly stood on a "small" fire ant hill while in line to board the Otter with a tandem last year. This was a hot load and as the Otter pulled around and we all started boarding he started getting the SHIT bit out of him. He did what he could to slap as many of them off of him as he could before reaching the top of the latter. He spent the rest of the ride to altitude getting bit. Many of you in "the North" have never had the opportunity to experience fire ants. Let me just say they SUCK!

Certain times of the year our landing area looks like a giant connect the dot puzzle of ant hills. You actually have to dodge them while landing. We had another instructor who had an uncanny knack for center punching fire ant hills while sliding in tandem landings. (Hi Yoshi!) As I recall he was allergic to fire ants, so when this would happen it was relatively serious.