FlyinDawg

Is it safer to wear Medic Alert bracelet...

to skydiving? I wore it several time before but and plm from lose it. I tho about to wear again but safe for skydiving?

Medic Alert as example is http://www.medicalert.org/Home/HomeEmblemCatalogs.aspx

I'd get a necklace.

I've always worn my crucifix and just made sure it was tucked into my t-shirt. Haven't lost it yet. Thankfully - it was my dad's gift to my mom on their wedding day. And his gift to me when she died.
'Shell

Yeah but the were plm is locked is loose but they got better tech to prevent loose but I doubt it. It been 10 years since last time I wear one.

The clasp they have looks better than the one I have on my necklace. I'd risk it. You can always replace it if it goes missing on a skydive.
'Shell

Yeah but the were plm is locked is loose but they got better tech to prevent loose but I doubt it. It been 10 years since last time I wear one.

The clasp they have looks better than the one I have on my necklace. I'd risk it. You can always replace it if it goes missing on a skydive.

that's true about risk but in part of risk like I mean a bracelet will be stuck with toggle or lines or etc....what do you think?
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

that's true about risk but in part of risk like I mean a bracelet will be stuck with toggle or lines or etc....what do you think?

I take off my watch when I jump. I keep my necklace on.

My watch catches on lots of things throughout the day at work (file cabinets, my jacket, etc).

I'd go with a necklace.
'Shell

i dont know about necklace, i have seen someone trip on landing and watch their pin go through their throat

Ewww. That sounds nasty.

But we're not talking about a pin, we're talking Medic-Alert. No "sharp" areas. Just an oval medallion. Shouldn't be an issue.

But like I said, I haven't taken off my crucifix (that's about an inch high) in 22 years.

Guess it's up to the wearer. I don't HAVE to wear my necklace. Sounds the OP has to (or SHOULD) wear something.
'Shell

Actually maybe i did not see it and it was just one of those wives tales that was drilled into me and i remember it as seeing it....... It is a very vivd picture in my mind but i cant remember the end result apart from an ambulance... again, maybe it happened, maybe it did not.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I'd get a necklace.

I used to wear one of their necklaces. Came out in freefall, and (no sh*t), got caught by my 3-ring on my left side at deployment. It quickly broke the chain, and the chain and medallion fell away. I'm sure if I tried, I couldn't make that happen again, but it made me think about what could happen..
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I'd get a necklace.

I used to wear one of their necklaces. Came out in freefall, and (no sh*t), got caught by my 3-ring on my left side at deployment. It quickly broke the chain, and the chain and medallion fell away. I'm sure if I tried, I couldn't make that happen again, but it made me think about what could happen..

YIKES!
'Shell

They have the kind that will lace through your shoelaces. I would think that might be safer than have a decapitation or entangling danger anywhere. :)
I just mention it because I'm thinking about trying to get a couple for my sons.

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Medicalert tattoo

http://whitehawkviews.blogspot.com/2007/12/medic-alert-tattoo.html
http://modblog.bmezine.com/2005/12/21/medical-tattoos/

Temporary tattoo concept

http://www.medawareid.com/body_wear_tattoos.html
http://shop.tottoos.org/category.sc?categoryId=4
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)