BHawks

Island Life ...

My opinion on living on a island controlled by U.S. FWS. (fish wildlife service)

You can't do anything that conflicts with the birds. For example, if you want to fly a kite, well better come up with another idea. Want to play frisbee golf? Ha, fat chance at having that.

So, we are surrounded by an ocean. You think one could fish, maybe scuba dive or go surfing eh... can't do those! You're in a National Marine monument now, SCUBA? ha! liability! surf? Well you might hit a seal or a turtle.

You're like alright, we got an awesome beach! Beautiful beach. You can only sit on the beach for so long. But oh wait a minute Mr. Monk Seal or Ms Green Sea Turtle comes up shore, well guess what, Beach closed. You want to have a beer on the beach? Ha ha ha...you're funny that is against fish and wildlife service regulations 50 CFR Title 38 sub- paragraph blah blah.

Alright, lets play volley ball after work on the beach. Oh, you can't do that, the flood lights disorient the nocturnal birds and here at Midway the wild life comes first, Naturally.

You can play volley ball in-doors at the basket ball court, well, last game so and so turned their ankle so you can't do that anymore, it is banned.

So you have nothing else to do besides get Krunked. We have noticed your drinking is becoming a problem, if you do not stop we are going to kick you off this island.

You take a shit on this island, and at lunch someone asks you, "how did your shit go?"

And people around here wonder why we become reclusive alcoholics that would rather sit in our room and watch a movie on a Friday night.

My favorite part is when the Fish people get offended, you didn't come to our albatross talk, what you don't like the albatross? Aren't they such majestic creatures? I think you should count albatross with us, it will make have a purpose in life....

Those are my thoughts on this wonderful Tuesday afternoon out in the middle of the Pacific on a (could be) beautiful island, I have 115 days remaining on my "sentence."

Happy Trails.

Ben

Oh my favorite saying. "I am with the Fish and Wildlife service, how can I help you?"

"You can help me drag this turtle over to the firepit on the beach tonight and put it into that pot but don't tip over the keg and DO try not to get tangled up in the volleyball net."
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

yummmmm....albatross!

Taste like
chicken!

I think God was tired at 2345 on the first ever Saturday, and said "Ah, fuckit--all the rest of you critters--you all taste like chicken. I'm tired. I'm gonna rest now."
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.