RkyMtnHigh

How picky are you about food?

I spent over 2 years of my life being force fed Mayonnaise. I hate it. Hate hate hate hate. You know, pretty much I hate every white-pasty condiment.

Do you know what boiled tomatoes covered in Mayonnaise and topped with chocolate sprinkles tastes like? I don't. I threw it out the window when the hostess was in the kitchen.
=========Shaun ==========

I absolutely hate so many foods, I couldn't possibly list them. I drove my mother crazy when I was a child because as she put it 'I hated everything'.

It's not like I won't give many foods a try, I just end up hating so many of them.:S

Except for bananas, apples and grapes, I prefer my fruit in a can.

I don't like raw broccoli or raw cauliflower, but like both of them cooked. Well done, please!

I'm not overly fond of onions and won't eat them raw at all. Will eat them cooked in stews (where they're soft and mushy) or fried (where they've lost most of their taste again).

I like turnip and collard greens.

I LOVE lima beans, but don't care for butter beans (too damned squishy).

I don't like raw tomatoes. They make me gag and want to puke. But I like ketchup, tomato sauce/paste and tomato soup. :S

I don't care for fish unless it's battered, fried and smothered in ketchup (Long John Silver's is my hero).

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Did you know they make banana cream filled Twinkies now?

Really??? This makes me very, very happy to know. I just love banana flavored stuff! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I'll eat cooked onions but not raw onions. I can't stand still tasting the onions 2 days later, not to mention the bad breath. B|

True, but then you will miss a good raw Kibbe spooned with raw onions...

Steak Tar-tar...hhmmm
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

..can you say blood...sausages? mhm..

You are a sick, sick man.

I can handle most anything except:

1. Bugs. I cannot watch those reality shows that try to get suckers to eat bugs of any sort. I will projectile puke at the sight of it.

2. Stewed okra. Same thing. My parents liked stewed okra and I took many a whippings for refusing to come to the table when stewed okra was on the it. My Dad took it to heart when I told him, "Do your worst. There is nothing you can do that will make me watch you eat stewed okra and don't even think about trying to make ME eat it."

3. Blutwurst. See comment above.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I don't really think I'd do bugs. I'm not real big on beets, but I've both bought and deliberately cooked them, so it's not that strong an aversion. I like stewed okra. But creamed spinach has a consistency problem.

Other than that, I'll usually order whatever is on the menu that I haven't tried before. I think that puts me into the not-picky category

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I don't consider myself a picky eater, although I wouldn't eat offal or bugs.:S. The only thing I checked on the list was "fresh or canned fruit" I prepare everything fresh, including fruits, veggies and proteins. The only can at my place is located in the bathroom:D

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Meat: If I can catch it, I'll eat it.

Veggies: I prefer fresh over tinned. I hate stuff that has been cooked to shite, and I don't eat cauliflour cooked at all, only raw.
No problems with broccoli though.

Fruits: I hate the texture of pineapple. The juice I can stomach (in moderation) provided it's a part of a totla flavour, but even the thought of having to eat the actual pineapple itself is enough to make me shudder and gag.

Dairy: I prefer skimmed milk, and hate buttered milk.
I'll eat any kind of cheese at least once.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom