RkyMtnHigh

I used to BABYSIT this kid!

..and now he's asking if we can be roommates here in Atlanta.

I'm so on the fence. It'd be nice to have a financial break from paying $1100/month for rent and have someone to share the expenses, but ...I used to babysit this guy when we were really young. We were at the same bus stop. Isn't that a bit weird? after all of these years that our paths would cross and he might be my roommate?:D He's really smart and we have great talks about "life" but....eh...I dunno...I'm waivering..:D

"Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mrs Robinson..."

:P

soooo..you are saying its a bad idea

"Mrs Robinson, this conversation is getting very strange..."

I'm not saying the idea is good or bad; I'm just teasing, (as usual).:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oh stfu.....I think I'd play mama katee/roommie if anything..no hanky panky...we arent each others types anyway..he's geekish and talks all trekkie and I have to ask for the translations all the time. I talk about healthcare and medical lingo and he's lost in space...nah..it's all good in that regard.

..no hanky panky...we arent each others types anyway..he's geekish and talks all trekkie and I have to ask for the translations all the time. I talk about healthcare and medical lingo and he's lost in space...

Sheesh![:/] When you describe it like that it sounds like a boring middle-aged married couple.:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

[background]
I know your situation - houses in Amsterdam cost way more than I can afford, even though I don't exactly live in the most popular neighbourhood.
So for the past six years I have been forced to rent out two of the bedrooms of the house. over the years i have had ten to fifteen different people living in those rooms, and so far I have been lucky; no weirdos.
Well, less weird than me anyway.
[/background]

It's not at all uncommon to have a standard contract for renting a room say that there is a trial period of, say, one month, during which both parties can terminate the agreement at any time.

After that, the person who owns the house has to give three months notice, and the person who rents the room has to give one month notice before moving.

talks all trekkie

That's a serious point against him, if you ask me..
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

oh stfu.....I think I'd play mama katee/roommie if anything..no hanky panky...we arent each others types anyway..he's geekish and talks all trekkie and I have to ask for the translations all the time. I talk about healthcare and medical lingo and he's lost in space...nah..it's all good in that regard.

I'll bet he doesn't talk like that in bed..... let us know.... ;)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Darn, there goes the Star Trek fantasy.:D

You are an attractive, young woman. If I were in his shoes (young, single) I would try to sleep with you. In fact, I had 2 or 3 baby sitters, when I was growing up, that I wanted to date when I got older. But none of them could get over the age difference.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

Then what's the problem? Set some ground rules. If he breaks one, he's out. See if he agrees to that, it is YOUR name on the lease after all.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Everyone wants to do their babysitter.

"OK JOEL, WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!
GET OFF THE BABYSITTER, PUT ON YOUR PANTS, AND COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!!!"

:D