upndownshop

USPA Rocks!

For about the last 50 years!
For the life of me I can not think of just one good thing they have ever done. Can you?

:S:S:S:S

All the "atta boys" in the world get wiped away with one "Awwe Shit".

Riddle yourself this:
If an upstanding citizen, always paid his taxes, always helped the little old lady accross the street, always took care of his lawn, decided it was a good idea to walk into your house and take all your valuables, is he still a guy that "Rocks".

What illegal acts would it take you to consider that changes in the USPA are needed?

Is conflict of interest not important enough?
What about dealing directly and indirectly with fraudulent businesses?
No?

another scenario - Cop, off duty, decides to break the law. Should he be allowed to stay a cop? Hmm - Maybe - depending on the crime right? Ok - now change the scenario. Instaed of cop - put in, say, hmmm, how about, District Attorney, and he is in charge of up holding and prosecuting all DUIs. He gets caught and is proven to be driving drunk. Do we allow him to keep his position? When did "Do as I say - not as I do" - become acceptable behaviour? When did colusion become an acceptable practice from an organization that is supposed to support, protect and uphold the values of the majority of the members?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm guessing that this is in reply to my thread from earlier

[url http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3033218;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread]WTF is going on with the USPA[url]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

>If an upstanding citizen, always paid his taxes, always helped the little
>old lady accross the street, always took care of his lawn, decided it was a
>good idea to walk into your house and take all your valuables, is he still a
>guy that "Rocks".

More accurate example -

upstanding citizen, always paid his taxes, always helped the little old lady accross the street, always took care of his lawn, decided it was a good idea to work for Wal-Mart - and you HATE Wal-Mart - does he still rock? Or is he now a criminal?

Your equivocation of Wal-mart to skyride is inaccurate.

But if you must change the scenario to understand it,

upstanding citizen, always paid his taxes, always helped the little old lady accross the street, always took care of his lawn, decided to defraud people in an internet based credit card and 419 scam, does he still, "Rock"?

USPA/Skyride the new organization in skydiving.

Well we are half way there.

One defends the other, and in turn gets defended.

>decided to defraud people in an internet based credit card . . .

If USPA were defrauding people in an internet based credit card scam (or committed a similar crime) your analogy makes sense. But as it is, they're not.

Ok - how about . . .ally themselves with . . .

>decided to defraud people in an internet based credit card . . .

If USPA were defrauding people in an internet based credit card scam (or committed a similar crime) your analogy makes sense. But as it is, they're not.

Ok - how about . . .ally themselves with . . .

Or how about an upstanding citizen, always paid his taxes, always helped the little old lady accross the street, always took care of his lawn, decided to suck the dick of someone who is defrauding people in an internet based credit card and 419 scam, does he still, "Rock"? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Nothing you can prove?

What's not to prove - the incidents are documented.

And yes - if Walmart had as many documented internet fraud type allegations and complaints, I wouldn't do business there either.

Would have dealings with a business that knowingly does business with a known drug dealer?

And instead of just arguing to argue, and playing the devils advocate - stand up for what you would actually believe in if you didn't want to argue so much. Call it like it is.

>What's not to prove - the incidents are documented.

Then no problem. Have them arrested, bring them to court, and put them in jail. Problem solved forever.

>Would have dealings with a business that knowingly does business with
>a known drug dealer?

Nope.

> stand up for what you would actually believe in.

I think Skyride are a bunch of scumbags.

Dan BC manages Perris and accepts Skyride certificates. I don't think he's a scumbag; quite the opposite. He makes the DZ a much better place through his work.

USPA has been dealing with Skyride for a while now; there have been a few lawsuits threatened in both directions. I don't think the people that make up USPA are scumbags.

Would you try to "stand up for what you believe in" by taking down Dan? Perhaps try to get him fired? Would you feel you had done the sport a service by doing so?

>What's not to prove - the incidents are documented.

Then no problem. Have them arrested, bring them to court, and put them in jail. Problem solved forever.

>Would have dealings with a business that knowingly does business with
>a known drug dealer?

Nope.

> stand up for what you would actually believe in.

I think Skyride are a bunch of scumbags.

Dan BC manages Perris and accepts Skyride certificates. I don't think he's a scumbag; quite the opposite. He makes the DZ a much better place through his work.

USPA has been dealing with Skyride for a while now; there have been a few lawsuits threatened in both directions. I don't think the people that make up USPA are scumbags.

Would you try to "stand up for what you believe in" by taking down Dan? Perhaps try to get him fired? Would you feel you had done the sport a service by doing so?

Aye, there's the rub. And it has always been the underlying problem with USPA.

When everyone starts voting for BOD members because of their ethics and integrity, instead of because of friendship or potential for personal gain, things will change.

In other words, things are never going to change, because the sanctity of friendship (and to a lesser extent, personal gain) trumps ethics and integrity nearly every time.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Take him down? No. I would show him the facts, and make sure he has access to the information and all the complaints, if he still refuses to NOT accept the GCs then I would no longer patronize that DZ. It shows a lapse in charachter in my opinion. If the management has the information in hand, sees the complaints and the history and the practices and the fraud, and still accepts the business, there is something wrong.

Take him down? No. I would show him the facts, and make sure he has access to the information and all the complaints, if he still refuses to NOT accept the GCs then I would no longer patronize that DZ. It shows a lapse in charachter in my opinion. If the management has the information in hand, sees the complaints and the history and the practices and the fraud, and still accepts the business, there is something wrong.

Okay, I'll renew my membership after all.

But you damn well better run, now that I'm about to invest $49 dollars (or whatever renewal costs these days) in your campaign.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb