ACMESkydiver

Fitness Friends! Where are ya? Post your Jan 18-24 updates!!

I was doing physical therapy and so on for my knee a few times a week and now I am back to sitting on my ass with my knee up. Doesn't look like I will be doing much of anything for a long time...[:/]

Ah dang it DD sorry to hear it...[:/] Well enjoy the time off! And you're much brighter than I am I'm sure...when I was on my back with a broken ankle before and after surgeries, I wasn't being careful about what I was eating and that really messed me up. >:(

Take care of yourself and relax a bit!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Found what looks to be an interesting set of self-resistance and bodyweight exercises called the "Miracle 7". It's based off of the "Tiger Move" exercises advocated by John McSweeney.

Somebody mentioned him before on one of our fitness threads somewhere...

Better a 20 minute workout that I *can* make time for, than a 1 hour workout that I *hope* to make time for depending on how crowded the gym is.

That's something I need to learn! Agree with you. :)

Everyone cross your fingers for me!

You can do it Mikey; we have faith in ya! B|
~Jaye

Still thinking about exercise. I know I need to do it, but damn, I'm lazy and I can find lots of excuses.

One plus side it it's the end of the semester and the p.e. teacher was doing the body-fat measurement on the students as part of the end of semester check. I had him calculate mine and it's 17.9%. I feel pretty good about that, considering what a slug I am.

Vint

Consider me very jealous...:D
~Jaye

Better a 20 minute workout that I *can* make time for, than a 1 hour workout that I *hope* to make time for depending on how crowded the gym is.

My nutrtitionist says you have a plan, then you have a backup plan, then you have a backup backup plan. So you never have an excuse for doing nothing. You may go from a planned full hour and a half at the gym in the morning to squeezing in a 20 minute walk after dinner, but you still did something.

Same goes for food. You have what you plan to eat, then if something goes wrong and you can't eat/prepare what you planned originally because you get stuck in traffic ... you've got something healthy stashed in your glove compartment so you don't have to stop at McDonald's ... or [insert whatever backup plan is appropriate for your situation here].

Yes'm - grabbed some fruit at breakfast this morning for snacks during the day. I'm trying to eat several small meals rather than 3 big ones.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well,
Despite my lack of ambition to exercise due to work and vacation I still have managed to keep my 10 lbs off. I actually am getting ready to go back to the gym...headed out in about 1/2 an hour. Hard to have that motivation when it is 20 degrees and there is snow on the ground but I always feel better once I am back in that groove. That and I just got a new IPOD and it took me a while to get it ready for the gym...another lame excuse but it worked for a couple of days:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Well Vint if you need some motivation you could always come and work out with me........bring Dana along and we could make it a routine outing:P:P:P:P. The gym is right next to ambrosia so we could grab a glass of wine on the way home:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Uggg... you're telling me!!!! I ran/jogged about 4miles yesterday. Unfortunately, I need to run with a lift in my heel (they had to cut 3 centimeters of my femur when i femured in), and i forgot my lift, so I was pretty sore last night. Definitely could feel it in my leg. Still trying to do good though. I leave here tuesday, wednesday I'll probably do my curling (which believe it or not, is good exercise), same with Thursday, and I'll probably go running at least on thursday, hopefully wednesday, but we'll see how tired I am when i get home wednsday morning.

Tomorrow, i'm going biking, today is an easy jog around town, but it's windy and cold, so we'll see how that goes :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Well, I didn't check in last week because Joe & I were so busy - come to think of it - I haven't posted anything in a while :o

I'm really doing great; starting to see muscles build in my abdominal area - as a result ability to arching is getting much, MUCH easier!! :)B|.....I'll post pictures in another week or 2...it's sexy I tell ya ;) I can't wait to get back in the tunnel to check my progress. I'm gonna be in the air real soon!!

Everything else is going great too - my legs and arms are building definition as well, I just keep on feeling better & better. I'm gaining weight too - WOOHOO!! I have never felt this good in my life, and if I keep this up I'm afraid something is going to explode :D

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Well, I didn't check in last week because Joe & I were so busy - come to think of it - I haven't posted anything in a while :o

Well geez...glad you enjoyed my husband. :D You guys playing around in Chicago while I gotta hang out here with the babies. I see how it is...:P:ph34r:

Everything else is going great too - my legs and arms are building definition as well, I just keep on feeling better & better. I'm gaining weight too - WOOHOO!! I have never felt this good in my life, and if I keep this up I'm afraid something is going to explode :D

You keep going Ralfy...can't wait to see you set aside those crutches. You'll need to bronze them when you do. B|
~Jaye

My normal workout routine is to walk or run (depends on my mood) 2.5 miles on the treadmill daily. Tues & Thurs nights i take kickboxing class. I lift weights 2-3 days a week. I'm actually taking today off from the treadmill due to a large blister on my foot. I've had the blister since last week and have continued to work out anyway, but yesterday i developed another blister so i think i better take a few days off from the treadmill. Today i did strip aerobics and it was waaaay fun!! I'll prolly just do pilates and weight lifting for a few days til my blister clears up.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

strip aerobics
-----------------------------------------------------
*perk*

Yep, it's just what it sounds like. Aerobics that use stripper moves. It's fun and maybe i'll learn how to strip for my man!! There's also chair dance aerobics and a few other ones that i can't recall the names of. It's a lot harder than i thought it would be, but it's fun and makes me feel sexy. :$

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Well......I did make it to the gym and got back into the routine which was a good thing. Will head back again tomorrow.:):):)

DPH # 2

My normal workout routine is to walk or run (depends on my mood) 2.5 miles on the treadmill daily. Tues & Thurs nights i take kickboxing class. I lift weights 2-3 days a week.

Sounds like a great weekly routine...and I have to find some of those aerobic strip DVD's! :P
~Jaye

My normal workout routine is to walk or run (depends on my mood) 2.5 miles on the treadmill daily. Tues & Thurs nights i take kickboxing class. I lift weights 2-3 days a week.

Sounds like a great weekly routine...and I have to find some of those aerobic strip DVD's! :P

i was thinikin the same thing.....
DPH # 2

Did the elliptical and lower body weights today with stretching and am seriously contemplating going for a swim this evening. I haven't done that in a while.
DPH # 2