BillyVance

Meeting a goose at 11,000 feet

Meeting a goose at 11,000 ft. and 185 kts can ruin your whole day (to say nothing about your aircraft). The pilot was injured but was able to land the aircraft (Beech Baron) safely.
:o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That's very old Billy and it wasn't a goose, it was a Cessna 185 that hit the Baron. The Cessna driver died.

Well then, blame futuredivot for feeding me bad info. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

hat's very old Billy and it wasn't a goose, it was a Cessna 185 that hit the Baron. The Cessna driver died.

That is one perfectly good Skydiving able Cessna 185 which never saw dropzone service. That was also one pilot who could have flown us. A moment of silence, please.....:|
=========Shaun ==========

Well then, blame futuredivot for feeding me bad info. :P

Like I owe you any favors

you don't, but you did open the door to "pick on futuredivot" a couple days ago. :P

First thing I thought of was no blood at all on or in the plane........no goose.

Geese that hit airplanes don't have blood that flows through their veins like yours and mine. They have a thick, black, vile solution full of hate for modern aviation.
=========Shaun ==========

Ironic and sad that the Edwards test pilot didn't have a parachute. All those years of sitting on ejection seats and to finally have a midair in a Skywagon.[:/]

A friend of mine survived a midair collision this last December. Managed to land a Citabria with no vertical stabilizer in Puget Sound. The other plane landed safely with gear damage. He made over 300 round jumps back in the day. Here he was in an aerobatic airplane with no parachute. Plane's gone but I'm glad he's still here.

A friend of mine survived a midair collision this last December. Managed to land a Citabria with no vertical stabilizer in Puget Sound. The other plane landed safely with gear damage. He made over 300 round jumps back in the day. Here he was in an aerobatic airplane with no parachute. Plane's gone but I'm glad he's still here.

Landing a taildragger w/o a rudder?:S
How did the landing go? Was he able to keep it on the runway?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nope, he did a slow spiral into the cold saltwater of Puget Sound. He was unable to fly straight, to navigate anywhere. He just kept the wings as level as he could and flared when he got close, like landing a lineover. Probably would have been survivable on land, but water made a better cushion. Luckily a boat picked him and his mom up before they drowned or succumbed to hypothermia.

Nope, he did a slow spiral into the cold saltwater of Puget Sound. He was unable to fly straight, to navigate anywhere. He just kept the wings as level as he could and flared when he got close, like landing a lineover. Probably would have been survivable on land, but water made a better cushion. Luckily a boat picked him and his mom up before they drowned or succumbed to hypothermia.

Oh. When you said "in Puget Sound", you meant "in Puget Sound".;)

Found the story: http://www.puyallup-herald.com/main/story/9541613p-9453240c.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.