faulknerwn

Dog Names

On Sunday a couple of sweet labradors showed up at the dropzone. One had tags and the other didn't. Once we got the info from the vet on Monday morning, I drove over to the address I got from the vet (the phone #'s didn't work.) One dog belonged to the lady, but she had never seen the second.

So I took the second one back, and called local vets/humane society's. I put up a sign at the local grocery store (small town) and asked at the post office and of the UPS guy. Its now Wednesday night and no one has claimed this sweet thing. In the meantime she's been winning over my heart. She climbed right into bed with me the first night I brought her in, and gets along with my cats even.

So its starting to look like I may have a new dog :-)

But she needs a name (although she answers to DOG all week :-) I just can't think of what to call her. She's solid black, a SWEET gentle labrador who follows me everywhere and is very smart and obedient.

Ideas?

W

(I left her sleeping on the floor for like 1 minute while I went outside. The picture below is how I found her snoozing away when I got back :-)

I'm sure after spending some time with her you'll coem up with something.

It took us a bunch of weeks to come up with "Tucker"
But after spending time with him we realized he was a ball of energy until a certain point where he would tucker out.

It was like someone shut off a switch.:D

My photos

My Videos

She's solid black, a SWEET gentle labrador who follows me everywhere and is very smart and obedient.

Ideas?

W

(I left her sleeping on the floor for like 1 minute while I went outside. The picture below is how I found her snoozing away when I got back :-)

BTW there is no picture attached.

What was marys lambs' name?
if she follows you everywhere you can do a play on words with marys lamb.
My photos

My Videos

name her "Toggles"

No offense but thats as original as rusty or spot.
I used to want to name my next pet after a part of a rig or something but its so boring after I've met 1000 dogs with those names.[:/]
My photos

My Videos

I give animals human names only.

I have a Vincent the cat living with me, and Leona the DZ/hanger cat still lives at the now closed DZ.

It'll only take a few days for the proper name to make itself known, once the dog's true personality comes out.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

I met my dog of 15 years the sort of the same way. He ran up to me at an outdoor market, sat down, and smiled at me. My wife said, "he just picked you." Just then two women came running up. They were adopting out pets from the shelter, and he "Clyde" had escaped from their booth. (his sister "Bonnie" was at the shelter too) I said, "he's coming with me'" they said "sign here, thanks!" He was such a great dog, 3 days later we went back for his sister, but somebody else had got her...I think it was the feds. So there you go...I think you have a....."Bonnie"

Clyde is now deaf, slowed down to a slow walk, but every morning nibbles at my wife's feet as she walks down the hallway...been the greatest friend I have ever had.

:)

You could try something from a different language to describer her, or just find a pretty word that works for a name. When we got our puppy we tried everything-human names, object names, silly names, etc. Then I started searching some Japanese names. Kohana-which means little flower, was so nice, but just a little too exotic, so we chose Hana (flower-and pronounced Hah-nuh- not Hannah) for short. It's unique and fits her perfectly :)

*daizey*

If we are going down that route how about

St. Pauli Girl

Stella Artois

Schlitz or Schlitzy

Hamms!

Simple. Those beers aren't made in Texas. :|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"