IEJuggalo

...why we jump?...

I've thought about the "why", too, and really can't answer. But there is something in challenging myself that I just can't resist. Even with my measly 3 jumps, I have fallen in love with stepping out of that plane into the rushing wind. And under the canopy is the most peaceful place i have ever been, at least before I start my landing pattern. As soon as I land, I can't wait to do it again.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I tell people (now) that it's just a metaphor for sex:

Most of the time, it lasts about as long (if you include the climb to altitude.)
There's always a climax (which may or may not be proportional to how long you're in the saddle.)
If you do it right, there's no wet spot.

Oh, and you have to pack afterward. :P

T.I.N.S.

...People ask me why I Skydive, but I dont have an answer. I still ask myself "WTF are you doing Dean?", but again I have no answer. Can some of you explain to all of us why we do that thing that we do?

On my FJC, my instructors asked us why we wanted to skydive. I thought "isn't it obvious?!".

I still think that. :)

It's my reset button. No matter what else is happening in my life, once I exit the plane, not a damn thing matters other then getting a landable canopy over my head. Skydiving just puts things into perspective. All those little worries just get smaller in comparison.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It's my reset button. No matter what else is happening in my life, once I exit the plane, not a damn thing matters other then getting a landable canopy over my head. Skydiving just puts things into perspective. All those little worries just get smaller in comparison.

Ditto!

...and then there's the serenity whilst in freefall, only otherwise experienced in scuba, but without the fish-poop :P
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

Ya know...we do RW these days! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

i am with you on this one. gives me perspective, and i need a lot of perspective in life:D:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Ya know...we do RW these days! ;)

Ironically his profile says:

Formation Skydiving (445 jumps)
Wing Suit Flying

Apparently, he doesn't enjoy either one very much.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

GOD, Thats one good question, I never thought i would do it, and now i cant think of not doing it. One great thing about skydiving is the brotherhood/sisterhood like no other sport. As to why, I just thought if i could willingly jump from a plane what else in this world could be more scary or hard. Feel the fear and then do it anyway.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

...People ask me why I Skydive, but I dont have an answer. I still ask myself "WTF are you doing Dean?", but again I have no answer. Can some of you explain to all of us why we do that thing that we do?

Its more fun than other hobbies and sufficiently different than others that you want the variety.

1. Because I can.
2. Because it is fun being part of this great big dysfunctional family with incest :D

Major Dad
CSPA D-579