Hawkins121

Anyone ever order a Kurupee?

Save yourself some time and hassle and buy another suit.

I have a Tony Suit that is perfect*. I also have a Kurupee, but it started falling apart the first time I tried it on - it was also cut way too big. However, they did recut another one for me. But the time spent shipping it back to Paraguay and waiting for another suit wasn't worth the flimsy construction. I have my Kurupee suit, but I haven't jumped it.

* I have no affiliation with Tony suits, except that I own one.

...the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.
- T.E. Lawrence

The customer service is SLOW to say the least. I ordered one and it took over 11 weeks. Which I understand is fast. Mine was a little large, which was ok because I got a little larger. However, out of the three I have seen ordered mine was closest in fit. One the other hand after some effort both of the other two were replaced and fit fine the second time around. For some reason they like to ship them either way too small or way too large. I know for mine I was measured three times and one of them was by a rigger that is used to ordering suits. So.....

On the other hand I have 150+ jumps on mine and not a single sign of wear... Mine held up very well. Not the case for one of the two others it fell apart in a hurry... Again it was replaced and has held up over another 100 jumps just fine.

You can cancel your order. Though it is tuff to do when you can't contact them. Contacting them is hit and miss at best. Or you can wait it out.. You might end up with a suit that works and holds up.

I look at it this way. It was inexpensive and has done ok by me. Would I do it again? No... Am I ok with the product I got? Yes... All in all they arent bad suits when they are done well... The problem is they can show up junk or ok.. You just never know...

Good luck...

"Uh oh! This is gonna hurt!"

Try Ouragan Suits. Best built around. I have also seen and hear good things about Liquid Sky Suits. Alot of the same construction techiniques.

IMO Kurupee suits are on the low end of quality. Its like a mechanics overalls with velcro at the cuffs. :|

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Mine was shipped to me extremely fast(3 weeks from ordering) and actually fit me. I put maybe 180 jumps on it before a tooth broke off on the zipper(still works, just harder to zip up). But otherwise it held up well.

It was my first suit, so I wanted something cheap enough I wouldn't care about destroying it on a bad landing. If they had better quality control, I'd recommend them more. But as it is, I hear about too many people getting a wrong sized suit.

It's really a shame, they're a nice looking suit.