bigway

Internet crashes on two continents?

51/50 or something. Turn on the news. The police went to her house in force after she was driving dealdy around beverly hills or something. her doctor went to the police and said they have to admit her to the nut house. If she does not oblige to take medicine they will go to court and get a junction for her to be intitutionalised.

Turn the news on, I feel so sorry for her. The media did this to her.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

ast night, Britney's new psychiatrist went to her home and felt she was a danger to herself and others -- partly because of her reckless driving and partly because of her "downhill behavior." As a result, the shrink launched a plan (days in the making) to have Britney committed to UCLA Medical Center by calling the cops.

Sources tell us the cops knew it was coming. In fact, the plan was for cops and paramedics to take Britney away the night before, but it was scrubbed. Last night, it all went down according to plan. Cops even used code to minimize craziness in transporting Britney to the hospital. Over the police radio, she was referred to as "The Package."

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Sectioned?

California Welfare and Institutions Code section 510, which states in part:

"When any person, as a result of mental disorder, is a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled, a peace officer, member of the attending staff, as defined by regulation, of an evaluation facility designated by the county, esignated members of a mobile crisis team provided by Section 5651.7, or other professional person designated by the county may, upon probable cause, take, or cause to be taken, the person into custody and place him or her in a facility designated by the county and approved by the State Department of Mental Health as a facility for 72-hour treatment and evaluation."

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I want to retract my original response...you tricked me into a retarded thread about britney...>:(

Perhaps they are one, and the same, topic.

When the words "package" and "Britney" appeared, Google got so many hits that it brought down the internet.

I warned them that this could happen when they wanted to put the internet on computers.

(When it was on Hollerith cards and the internet went down, we merely picked them back up.)

Today's just not a good technological day, I guess. Our IT guy says AT&T is having nationwide issues with data transmission today (so no BlackBerry).

It is all part of the AT&T business plan.

While I was there, they outsourced their global billing product to IBM for (can't say) $ a year and touted it as a huge cost savings..

Then, brought it back in-house to save money.

Four years later? You guessed it, they layed off the 75 employees and sent it back to IBM... to save money. :ph34r:

So, they lost all their product knowledge on a product that was a huge moneymaker. :S

(There has to be a correct decision in there somewheres, they made all of the possible decisions twice. :D)

They sold off Comcast for $1B. Then, they bought it back for $7B. (The B is bill-yenz).

"We used own it, but we wanted to lose $6B"

To make up for that wizard decision, the guy who made it, had to lay off a bunch of people. (The people who know how to run telecommunications).

Mr. Wizard got a really nice bonus for gutting the company of any brains. So that explains why ATT has "issues" with anything technical.

Here is something that I have said at every job for 10 years :
"There is a guy who knows how to do that, but he got RIF'ed last month."

Have you read about the latest fears relating to routers? each router is a mini PC. scientists believe that eventually someone will make a virus that utilises wireless routers. by utilising them as a connected network they have the same processing power as one/ many (dont remember exact amount here) PC's, be able to infect countless PC's connected to this. most people, myslef included either never bother or dont know hoe to encryp their routers.

slight sidetrack but interesting none the less.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

Sorry about that, I plugged that fiber connection back into the Cisco 15k router here :$

Oh and the one last week....I had nothing to do with that one either :)

Ok I did not actually have anything to do with either of them, just had pissed off customers wanting to know what the hell was going on with routing.

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I learned a very valuable lesson early on when I started working for ATT. I do not for any reason go into public with either my work ID or the emblem of an AT&T work shirt visible to the public.

I cannot tell you the number of times people started bitching at me about there DSL, then I try to tell them that I do not work for that area of AT&T that I work in a whole other area, thus confusing them more :S You mean AT&T does more then just give me a phone and internet? :|

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

You mean AT&T does more then just give me a phone and internet? :|

Yeah, they make signs too...they're everywhere! :|

I actually work for a division that most people do not know exists. Though most large internet based companies are quite familiar with what I do ;) General public has no need for my services directly, though they do indirectly :)
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

god I hope you're not stuck in New Jersey...for your sake anyway.

I remember when AT&T actually made networking gear...:o

No thank god! I am at an iDC in Chicago burbs :ph34r:
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto