grannyinthesky

Distractions wanted

You too???? Ok, you three, what kind of cookies? Of course, I don't deliver......

That's ok. J is supposed to come pick me up and take me on a roadtrip...i guess we'll come visit you. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Ok, I know I'm new to skydiving, but it has now been 4 weeks since I jumped and I'm getting a little grumpy and out of sorts. What the h*ll is a person supposed to do to keep her head out of the sky until the weather clears and she can jump again? What's your best distraction?

I find that drinking myself into a stupor, focusing on how worthless my miserable existence is, and contemplating offing myself helps pass the time quite nicely.

Or play some guitar. Depends on my mood, I guess.;)

Walt

I find that drinking myself into a stupor, focusing on how worthless my miserable existence is, and contemplating offing myself helps pass the time quite nicely.

Well, there was only one can of Guiness left in the house and it's way to cold, snowy and miserable to go out after more, so I guess that ones out.

Or play some guitar. Depends on my mood, I guess.

Hey I like that idea, but since I don't play guitar, how about some jazz on my saxaphone....I'm not sure my neighbors would appreciate it, but WTF, the kid across the street plays drums for hours on end.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Or play some guitar. Depends on my mood, I guess.

Hey I like that idea, but since I don't play guitar, how about some jazz on my saxaphone....I'm not sure my neighbors would appreciate it, but WTF, the kid across the street plays drums for hours on end.

Just say, "Oh hell yes!!!!!":)
Walt

I went to Eloy to do my AFF, and then back again to finish my A, and again for some coached jumps. I can't say enough good things about the people at the school there. It's a really great place with world class skydivers and very few ego trips going on. They would love having you there.:)

I went to Eloy to do my AFF, and then back again to finish my A, and again for some coached jumps. I can't say enough good things about the people at the school there. It's a really great place with world class skydivers and very few ego trips going on. They would love having you there.

That's good to hear. After jumping at a little place like Star where I'm at, Eloy sounds pretty intimidating. It's pretty short notice to plan a trip like that, but I think I'm going to see if I pull it off. Thanks
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490