bigway

weed worse than ciggys

Most weed smokers don't smoke 20 joints a day, but plenty of tobacco smokers smoke at least a pack a day if not more. At best, its probably a wash with weed being just as bad as tobacco, but I'm not even sure I buy that statistic.

I also heard that quite a few years back. I didn't know it was compared to 20 cigarettes, but I understood it to be nastier for your lungs.

What about the addiction comparison? Did they happen to cover that? It's my understanding that cigarettes are far more addictive than weed.

I know they've found that marijuana smoke contains a lot of carcinogens, but they've also found that THC has properties that inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Which might be one of the reasons that marijuana smokers seem to be at less risk for lung cancer than cigarette smokers are (judging by the number who actually get lung cancer).

Just heard on the national radio that one joint is equivelant to 20 ciggarattes when it comes to lung cancer. That is interesting.

:| So......use a bowl! Actually, I believe they were quoting a line from the movie "Reefer Madness". More than 30 years ago, it was determined that marijuana use can arrest many forms of cancer....doesn't cure it but stops it from spreading....interesting how nobody talks about that, anymore. :S
"T'was ever thus."