futuredivot

How many different you's are there?

Offshoot from a phone conversation-the me you read here isn't quite the me that you'll meet at the DZ who's not the me that you'll meet in public who's not the me you see at work...and so on. there are similarities but also some glaring differences. How many differing aspects of You are there?

Not making a poll because I want discussion, not votes
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

On here, I pretty much let it all out. Never really been known as one to hold my cards close.

In person though, I'm a bit more reserved.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Let's see. There is the side of me that is a truly decent human being who lives to help others and is hurt deeply when I offend others.

Then there is my pathological liar side....

Walt

There's also the side that shits in the tub and the other side that likes to hug corpses at funeral homes...

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

On here, I pretty much let it all out. Never really been known as one to hold my cards close.

I packed a main for a deafie this weekend because he hadn't heard the 20-minute call announced.

He got his rig on and walked out to go to the plane and I (for real) thought, "He doesn't talk much".

Yeah, I'm that retarded. I actually thought that.:D:D:D:D:D

Walt

I packed a main for a deafie this weekend because he hadn't heard the 20-minute call announced.

He got his rig on and walked out to go to the plane and I (for real) thought, "He doesn't talk much".

Walt

What DZ? I probably know this deafie. ;)

There's also the side that shits in the tub and the other side that likes to hug corpses at funeral homes...

:D

Guess I'll never live down that stuff, will I?:D:D:D

Walt

Your friends on dropzone.com will never let you. :D:D:D

Offshoot from a phone conversation-the me you read here isn't quite the me that you'll meet at the DZ who's not the me that you'll meet in public who's not the me you see at work...and so on. there are similarities but also some glaring differences. How many differing aspects of You are there?

Not making a poll because I want discussion, not votes

:D:D

lets see...... who all is there...well here is a glimps, try and keep up its a bit wierd hahah but so am I
I've Named them for easier thinking....

Emo- she is kind of dark-a bit gothic, focuses on the different emotions and how they feel, what to do with it and protects the others. she gives the warning voice, but will sit back to see the outcome. she is tough but broken and she analysis not only me but other people and surroundings.

Bashfull- is the librarian/parental figure who tries to keep it all together, knows and believes in right from wrong, she is cautious, leary, opinionated, inteligent but cant spell, as a disiplanarian she puts a damper on the more playfull ones in me *-they dont really like her much haha

Dizzy- shes funny and very blond, can entertain herself for hours, amusing to most, she is clumsy but cute ..and a bit on the less inteligent side.

Bouncy-loves life and is very playfull, she likes to be creative, can be annoying -but doesnt care too much because she is haveing a blast, she is a bit selfish but doesnt want to be. loves adventure and finds mischife can be enticing

Nymph, -well she is the craziest and wildest of them, that girl is all about a good time. extremly perverted, adventurous and naughty, craves sexual attention and loves to give it back. over and over and ...
*(she tends to get herself and the others in trouble... they try to keep her locked up, and caged.)

Trixy- she is the trickster and loves to goof off, smartass to life and in life. she enjoys causing trouble and watching the mayhem unfold. she is also a scheemer
*she loves nymph and Drinky. plays well with bouncy and makes fun with dizzy

Drinky -is the party girl that never wants to stop, she stumbles through the night singing, dancing, and laughing. she is forgetful and has memory blocking abilitys

Cozy- is the very sweet cuddly one who just wants to be warm and fuzzy. she loves everything and justs wants to hold it or hug it. she has a hard time letting go, and gets attached to things easily. when she gets hurt they all take time to mourn with her. She is closely garded and loved deeply by Emo who helps her recover.

LOL my deranged way of me
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Me at work, me at home, me when a bit more exuberant than usual, affectionately known as "Boisterous Dave" (often seen in combination with drinking to excess).

I don't really have a specific dz.com persona, it's just one of the above guys (or some combination of them).

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Walt

Skydive Temple in Salado, TX. I don't know their last names but we have a couple of deafies--John and Brian--who are fairly new to the sport. Nice guys for sure, even if they don't talk much.

I enjoy watching skydivermom (Kathleen) sign with them.

Walt

There is only one "ME" (Thank GOD!!) that is made up of many different aspects. Different Situations call different aspects into the forefront.

At work, There is the serious aspect driven to succeed. Professional, Courteous and Serious.

With my Daughter, Caring and supportive.

At the DZ, Time to relax and not be any of the above.. Obnoxious, Crude, Relaxed and fun.

All different roles but yet still aspects of the same person.

Walt

Skydive Temple in Salado, TX. I don't know their last names but we have a couple of deafies--John and Brian--who are fairly new to the sport. Nice guys for sure, even if they don't talk much.

I enjoy watching skydivermom (Kathleen) sign with them.

Walt

Yeah, Jonathan Leach... Brian's newer though. I've talked with Jon a few times, he's on here too but not much of a poster.

Texas has more deaf skydivers than any other state, of course. :P

Yeah, Jonathan Leach... Brian's newer though. I've talked with Jon a few times, he's on here too but not much of a poster.

That's probably because they have an easier time being around me than hearing people.

Serious question. What's a good way to help the deafies make sure they know it when they're on a call? Yeah, I know deaf people can check with manifest just as easily as anyone else, but it's still not a bad thing to do.

Walt

wow.....

well you sure gave a thorough and complete answer...B|

way better than the guys' answers:ph34r::D

Hey !!! you're an Eight Way team !!!!!

do they all skydive??

can I be your cameraMan???B|:)

as for jimmy...
it's mostly pretty much the same personality that you'll see...in all situations.

I've been damn lucky in life to have always been happy... give or take a few sad times.. And I think consistancy is a good thing, ( as long as you're not consistantly a jerk)...:|

So
At Work, at play, at home, on the DZ, in public and and in private... I try to stay easy going... aware, and considerate... have an over developed sense of conscience...
and do my best to catch myself if I get mad, or angered.....and shut that down....
( Plus,,,,, I'm MODEST !!!!! ) :D;):P

I might be a bit more casual in certain situations and more formal in others... The trick is to always be tuned into , just WHAT situation i am in...B|, and display the proper manners, as determined by the circumstances of the moment...
I carry a sense of humor with me,,,,, EVERYwhere...B|

Jmy

a 3914
4 stack 930

That's probably because they have an easier time being around me than hearing people.

Serious question. What's a good way to help the deafies make sure they know it when they're on a call? Yeah, I know deaf people can check with manifest just as easily as anyone else, but it's still not a bad thing to do.

Walt

I have tried to make sure I knew when my load was and how much time I have. It really helps when the DZ I'm at knows I can't hear the announcements on the PA system and someone there gets my attention personally.

As for these two deaf guys, you can ask them (written notes if necessary) if they keep up with load info or if they would like to have someone keep them informed. They might appreciate the gesture.

The only time I have ever missed a load, was at a Mullin's $99 boogie til ya puke in the mid '90s. Mike Mullins does not like to be kept waiting by fun jumpers. ;) It was my fault really. I wasn't paying attention and was going to be a solo jumper.

I'm actually pretty impressed with this thread! I was expecting all kinds of garbage from people saying, "I'm exactly the same way here, on the DZ, in person, and in any situation."

Horseshit. :D

I don't actually cuss at/around my children. (Ok, unless, like, an anvil falls on my toe or something and they happen to be around).

Joe is the only person that sees me bitch and moan or cry (in person, I do plenty on the internet :ph34r:). Poor guy. :P Everyone else sees my happy face all the time --> :)
That was one of the best lessons that I ever learned.

I guess I'm a little different for business, too...like a lot of other people have said. It's just required. I don't think it's a big deal; I just have to act more professional.

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I don't know that there really is a difference??? At work I do get a little more serious but pretty much the same. Hard to get to know at times but I try to be respectful no matter what. (Unless it's one of the boy's club - you know who you are!) :P

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

wow.....

well you sure gave a thorough and complete answer...B|

way better than the guys' answers:ph34r::D

Hey !!! you're an Eight Way team !!!!!

do they all skydive??

can I be your cameraMan???B|:)

as for jimmy...
it's mostly pretty much the same personality that you'll see...in all situations.

I've been damn lucky in life to have always been happy... give or take a few sad times.. And I think consistancy is a good thing, ( as long as you're not consistantly a jerk)...:|

So
At Work, at play, at home, on the DZ, in public and and in private... I try to stay easy going... aware, and considerate... have an over developed sense of conscience...
and do my best to catch myself if I get mad, or angered.....and shut that down....
( Plus,,,,, I'm MODEST !!!!! ) :D;):P

I might be a bit more casual in certain situations and more formal in others... The trick is to always be tuned into , just WHAT situation i am in...B|, and display the proper manners, as determined by the circumstances of the moment...
I carry a sense of humor with me,,,,, EVERYwhere...B|

Jmy

a 3914
4 stack 930

Yep :D, they are all part of me, so I guess I do have my one 8 way, :D
we dont have a cameraman yet!! hahah :o:D
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama