Thanatos340

Should people that no longer Jump still post here?

I don't see a reason why someone should not post here simply because they do not jump anymore or are not current. This site is more than just about skydiving, particularly the community forums. It's also about friends.

And boobies
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Kitty brought up a good question in that thread about "why would someone that no longer Jumps post to a Skydiving forum?"

A few random thoughts:

- Boredom & in look of entertainment.
- Involved in the sport in a non-jumper sort of way... rigger... jump pilot... DZO (not all of them jump you know)... FAA lurker
- Had to "hang it up" for some reason... health... injury... but still like to somehow be involved

And boobies

mmmmmmm.... boobies. :)

I don't see a reason why someone should not post here simply because they do not jump anymore or are not current. This site is more than just about skydiving, particularly the community forums. It's also about friends.

And boobies

Oh yeah, and that too. :D

And boobies

Oh yeah, and that too. :D

Boobies are a major part of skydiving . . . I mean, really, everyone knows that we all skydive just to impress the chicks.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

And boobies
That is the only reason I come here anymore ;)

Boobies are a major part of skydiving . . . I mean, really, everyone knows that we all skydive just to impress the chicks.:|

How's that workin' out for ya?:ph34r:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

How's that workin' out for ya?:ph34r:

Pretty well, actually. I am impressive enough to make them run away.

25 people so far that feel Former Jumpers should not post here and yet only one that is willing to say why they feel that way. I understand and respect her opinion (disagree with it, but respect it none the less).

Anyone else that doesn’t feel former Jumpers should post here care to share their reasoning?

Sure why not... The fact is I know of a few good skydivers that had major injuries that have stopped them from being able to jump. They're still full of information, and still pass that information onto the less informed. I'm greatful to have them in our community!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

It looks to me like it's being assumed that J thinks people who no longer jump shouldn't post here. I don't see where he's said any such thing, and I seriously doubt that's what he thinks.

Blues,
Dave

Well think of it this way, it's a cleaner topic to stir up the shit on here. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It looks to me like it's being assumed that J thinks people who no longer jump shouldn't post here. I don't see where he's said any such thing, and I seriously doubt that's what he thinks.

Blues,
Dave

No, but he has chosen to be devil's advocate for the purpose of the discussion; I am treating him as such.

25 people so far that feel Former Jumpers should not post here and yet only one that is willing to say why they feel that way. I understand and respect her opinion (disagree with it, but respect it none the less).

Anyone else that doesn’t feel former Jumpers should post here care to share their reasoning?

I think you should be current to be able to post.

Define 'current'....like this century only? :o;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What if someone is uncurrent, has big tits, and is willing to post them?

[exasperation]Must we continually teach theses people[/exasperation]

You are speaking in double negatives. Boobies MAKE her current. BIG BOOBIES make her EXTREMELY current. POSTING them make her silly slut though - PM's are better.:ph34r:

I like to see those people with few or no jumps posting. It is fun to go threw the different threads and pick out the HPDBs (huge poser douche bags). It makes me feel both good about myself and my huge base of useless skydiving knowledge. It also makes me laugh at these people who think they know enough to express and opinion about skydiving and don't.

I have been called an elitist before because of my feelings about what is current (200+).

This is the net though. This is a place with no accountability, where you can say what you feel and think. This is also for the most of us a free country and we are allowed to express our feeling and opinions.

So let the HPDBs have at it, I for one find it both amusing and thought provoking.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

I agree with you Kitty,

I dont think non jumpers, people who have moved on, or stopped jumping for whatever reason have no reason to post here anymore. But it does seem that those are the people who are wasting bandwith on one on one jokes or clique crap. PM's and email accounts are where this should go. Not on public forums and especially not on a sport specific forum, but just my opinion. I pass up so much crap from people not giving anything to the community anymore that its sometimes not worth sorting through all of it to find anything remotely related to skydiving.

This is not to say they dont have a place here, just the noise level does get quite loud from them...and not all of them of course.

Just my opinion, flame away if you dont agree, I might lose a little sleep over it.............nah!

Oh, and stay away from giving advice in the technical threads unless you know what your talking about...its bad enough in there without the help. :P

SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?