goofyjumper

Going to see a Medium....

To YOU, it's always Tiffany. Seriously though, you know how Houdini left his wife a secret code so she would know if a medium was really talking to him? If Brandy finds one who says: "He just called me a 'fat, pikey cuhhnt'" or "he wants to know if you 'wanna get yer nuhts in.'" I'll pay her myself.

:D:D:D

That is so true!
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

Been to a few.... most really have no talent. I went to one in Hong Kong back in 88 that blew my mind! I haven't had anyone here in the states come close to actuality since.

Let them do the talking, and keep your game face on...

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I am really just going to see her and see if I can speak with her. She is having a seminar. I will not ask her any questions, but I feel that Lee would push her (you all know how he his) to letting me know that he is here then maybe I will feel a little bit better.

I must be crazy!:S Oh well, it wasn't that much money!

After my late best friend passed away (car crash), I was devastated and decided to go to a seminar with a well-known medium. The medium deals specifically with giving messages from the dearly departed to loved ones who are still alive. I still don't know if she is real or a fake, but I went, anyway.

It was a large audience, and the seminar was to help people with the death of a loved one. She talked to many people in the crowd. I didn't necessarily want to hear from my late best friend in front of a crowd of people whom I didn't know, so I'm glad that she didn't single me out. I would rather that she come to me in her own way, which she has.

One part that I found especially comforting about the seminar was when we all did a form of meditation or group hypnosis. We were guided through this as a group to see our loved ones and be able to find peace in our minds, but it definitely worked for me. I somehow connected with my friend. I may just have been a mental image or my own thoughts, but it seemed to last forever and was very powerful.

I saw myself and Quyen (my late best friend) running barefoot through some beautiful fields. We both had our long, dark hair free-flowing down our backs, and we were also both wearing some beautiful, long, white cotton dresses. We were laughing, screaming, smiling and running in the sun. We even fell down and rolled down the hills, and the whole time I felt her love and her strong energy with me. It felt like this really happened to us, although I know that it didn't. It was such a strong image, and it just made me want to laugh and cry because we were so happy and filled with love. I don't know how to explain that moment, but it was really comforting. I have no idea why I saw us together like that. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but that image of us, laughing and playing together, like kids, it was so innocent and beautiful. It gave me so much comfort and peace in my heart. I knew that she would always be with me, laughing in the sun.

My late best friend, Quyen, lives on forever in my heart, as does Lee for you. I hope that you feel better, my dear. Much love and comforting vibes to you.

Go without an appointment. If she really sees the future, you won't have to call in advance. I always wonder why they put their phone numbers on the billboards and cards.
I had a friend who's six year old daughter identified the resting location of a missing friend. She had no idea what abduction or murder were, she just kept telling people that the friend was under the leaves in farmer so and so's field. No one would listen to the kid who eventually was shushed into submission. In the spring, when the farmer plowed he found the body. So yea, I guess I kinda believe.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Mediums don't all claim to see the future, they are channels for the now, between two worlds or more.
They shouldn't be lumped in the same class as psychics.
And psychics can't be completely dismissed either. I know of more than one instance where a police department has hired a psychic, and she's been right every time with them, or at least right enough to point them in the right direction.
Life is varying levels of energy. Some folks are sensitive enough to understand that energy for whatever bits of it may be left from time to time. My grandfather could tell a lot from standing in the middle of a clearing, or being inside a particular home. I can accept that others have the same abilities, while some pretend to have those same abilities.

Mediums don't all claim to see the future, they are channels for the now, between two worlds or more.
They shouldn't be lumped in the same class as psychics.
And psychics can't be completely dismissed either. I know of more than one instance where a police department has hired a psychic, and she's been right every time with them, or at least right enough to point them in the right direction.
Life is varying levels of energy. Some folks are sensitive enough to understand that energy for whatever bits of it may be left from time to time. My grandfather could tell a lot from standing in the middle of a clearing, or being inside a particular home. I can accept that others have the same abilities, while some pretend to have those same abilities.

I agree there's a difference, but I think mediums and psychics essentially work in the same way, they're all channelling energy, manifested as their (or your) spirit guides in the case of a psychic.

I was highly sceptical of psychics, mediums and spirituality, but have seen and heard enough in the last few years to of changed my mind.
Completely.
It's a pretty taboo subject for conventional science as it challenges the fundamentals of how we explain our universe, or our perception of it, so I tend to keep my views to myself and walk my own path, but if anybody is interested I can post or PM a few links to videos online that to my mind help to explain some of the science. The more we learn about quantum electro dynamics, the more unstable the foundations of the western explanation of the world become.

DSE, like you say not everybody is in tune to it, but we are all born with some innate psychic ability and it can be developed greatly should anybody wish to. I've also heard it's a gift that is passed down through generations, so maybe you need to start working with energy? The problem always seems to be finding the time...
but what do I know

The more we learn about quantum electro dynamics, the more unstable the foundations of the western explanation of the world become.

It saddens me that QED continually gets twisted like this. QED has got bugger all to do with the paranormal and anyone who suggests that it does obviously knows nothing about it. I would strongly suggest that you read "QED, the strange theory of light and matter" by Richard Feynman to avoid making the same mistakes again.

Thanks, I will, in the meantime can you give me an abstract that will enlighten me, seeing as I 'know nothing'. Hey, I'm in good company, Socrates knew he knew nothing too. As you know that QED has nothing to do with paranormal, can you suggest an alternative place to start regarding the whole subject or is it all just in the mind of the believer?

And don't be sad, watch these instead. First one not strictly QED, but everything is connected.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4773590301316220374

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-14...h&plindex=0

Sorry to of hijacked Brandy's thread, PM me or shall we retire to speakers corner?

edit:
'It's because somebody knows something about it that we can't talk about physics. It's the things that nobody knows anything about we can discuss.'
- Richard Feynman
but what do I know

If you're talking about QED, why not start with Wikipedia (it's not as bad as people make out). If you're talking about the paranormal, then maybe Skeptical Inquirer.

People regularly use quantum weirdness as an excuse to suggest that all sorts of crap is possible when QED says nothing of the sort. I have a PhD in this crap so it 's kind of annoying. Feel free to PM me about it if you want.

More on topic, in my experience mediums read the real live person in the room, it has nothing to do with the "spirit world". Fake mediums are usually a good deal better at it then the ones who are genuine. I know this because I grew up with a medium (and astrologer) and I found that if I wanted to keep anything to myself, I needed to know how to stop people reading me. It's a useful skill, especially for poker. If you go to a reading with your poker face on, it will be crap. If you go to a reading with your heart on your sleeve, the medium will pick up on all sorts of stuff. Fakers and real mediums use exactly the same cold reading methods, the fakers just know they're doing it.

I just wanted to add that the questions he asked, that he wanted yes or no answers to were not vague. Nothing like, do you have a tall dead relative with a "b" in their name, or anthing like that. He spoke to one person at a time and he said things like "I keep seeing a giant white Rat, does that mean anything to you?" The woman he was talking to had a pet rat as a little girl that slept in bed with her every night. He then asked her if her Father died in a motorcycle accident on a rural road when the other car's driver had fallen asleep and crossed the lanes. Yup. Then he asked her if she had a young daughter who constantly talked to the fireplace? Yup. He told her the daughter could see him.

Or, to another guest-I keep seeing a bridge and car accident...did you lose a relative in an accident on a bridge. She said no. He wouldn't let it go, suggesting that a relative jumped from a bridge, she said no. He kept it up for a bit insisting there was a questionable fatal accident on a bridge, then let it go when she kept saying no. The woman he was talking to lost her Father when he crashed his car into the base of a bridge. No one knows if it was accidental.

There was six people there, He was there for two hours, and the whole thing went like that. Maybe I am naive. Just doesn't seem like anyone's body language gave him this info.

See http://skepdic.com/hotreading.html and http://skepdic.com/coldread.html

You'd be surprised.

Consider for a second that if just one psychic had ever been proven - just one ever -to have real supernatural powers, much of what we understand about science would have to change completely. Scientists aren't resistant to change - in fact they try to redefine our understanding every day - so why has this never happened? Why has no psychic ever been able to reproduce their results under controlled conditions?
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Just doesn't seem like anyone's body language gave him this info.

It's true that mediums can be very convincing. But I've seen plenty of them growing up and they are predictable. They're friendly, chatty, smart as hell and have a knack of getting you into a rapport effortlessly. They're observant and study your face as they talk to you. They make you feel like your the only person in the room. They tease information out of you by asking leading questions, observing your reaction, reading your eye movements and trying another angle. The more responsive you are, the easier it is for them. If you clam up and don't give them any information, they're sunk.

Check this guy out. He's faking it and he's as good as any genuine medium and probably a lot better than most.

I said in my first post that I wasn't sold on the idea, just that what he did was impressive. I know how a lot of these scams work, and it didn't seem to be happening. This man knew names, not inititals-names-and he knew them on his first try. He didn't fish for people to answer him he went around the room in order, one at a time. Listening to the tapes after revealed nothing to indicate anyone led him to say anything. I was a last minute guest and the only name he knew was the hosts.

Maybe he was watching subtle changes in behavior or breathing of people he hadn't spoken to yet, and no one noticed. Maybe when he said the name "joe" he noticed someone else sit up straight and rememebred to bring up Joe when he talked to them. Maybe when he said dead parent he noticed how many eyebrows in the room perked up. Maybe if he asked me, instead of Nicole if a big white rat meant anything to me (it still doesn't), I would have found something in my memory to associate it with. Although if he then directly asked me if my Father died in a motorcycle accident when a sleeping driver crossed the median, I would not have been tricked into saying yes. I get how these things work, this man knew too many unique stories about too many people. Stories that meant nothing to other people in the room. And I believe him. Hey, maybe its cause I want to.

A lot of people heard those tapes and were blown away...people that think the whole idea is just plain silly. None of them, including two women who had graduate psychology degrees could ever say "this is how he got this...did you notice when, ....".

I know I sound silly to most of the people reading this. All I can say is, you weren't there.