Reginald

Packing a new rig!

Since I'm too scared to buy a brand new canopy, how long should I expect to wait to find a used Sabre2-135 in the 300-1000 jump range (in good condition)?

Why are you afraid to buy a new canopy? Because new ZP is a pain to pack? Be brave, do it! ... and learn to hook it up (have a rigger help you) and pack it yourself, you'll be better for it and feel more confident, trust me.
;)
:)

Since I'm too scared to buy a brand new canopy, how long should I expect to wait to find a used Sabre2-135 in the 300-1000 jump range (in good condition)?

When I downsized a few years ago, I decided I wanted a sabre2 135 with ~100 jumps on it so it'd still be nice a new, but worn in enough to be a little easier to pack. But I also knew that I was being a little too picky.

Then within a month of deciding I was ready to downsize, I found a perfect sabre2 135 with ~100 jumps and even in colors that matched my stuff, for almost 25% off the new (dealer) price. And he lived not too far away so I figured we could do it in person.

Turned out his sister lived in the same town as me, so she was able to hold the canopy while my check cleared.

Worked out absolutely perfect.

Don't give up!

Dave

i have a used sabre 1 135 for sale in the classifieds. ;)

...and I currently have a Sabre 1 150 myself! I want a Sabre for the performance improvement in addition to the downsize.

Why are you afraid to buy a new canopy? Because new ZP is a pain to pack? Be brave, do it! ... and learn to hook it up (have a rigger help you) and pack it yourself, you'll be better for it and feel more confident, trust me.
;)
:)

Now way, man! Packing new ZP sucks! My Sabre1-150 with 1000+ jumps obeys me well, thank you very much.

When I downsized a few years ago, I decided I wanted a sabre2 135 with ~100 jumps on it so it'd still be nice a new, but worn in enough to be a little easier to pack. But I also knew that I was being a little too picky.

Then within a month of deciding I was ready to downsize, I found a perfect sabre2 135 with ~100 jumps and even in colors that matched my stuff, for almost 25% off the new (dealer) price. And he lived not too far away so I figured we could do it in person.

Turned out his sister lived in the same town as me, so she was able to hold the canopy while my check cleared.

Worked out absolutely perfect.

Don't give up!

Dave

Oh, I'm only in the "thinking about it" stage at the moment.

Remember the scene in Empire strikes back when yoda move the X-wing out of the swamp?

Using the Force, Yoda effortlessly frees the X-Wing from the bog
Luke: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

You see this is why you struggle, you fail to understand that all packers are Jedi, and Riggers well they are Jedi Masters :)

Nullius in Verba

come on guys, it jut tkes a bit of getting used to***

I know… I feel like a total wuss for needing to have someone pack my rig, but for me right now…that’s what I’m going to have to do.
Not making excuses but I am still recovering from a car accident I was in back in November, I haven’t even jumped since then, so until I can build my strength back up I’m going to practice with my old rig, cuz I know I can pack that one and then my goal will be to wupp that new rigs ass, seeing as how it has wupped mine several times.

Now way, man! Packing new ZP sucks! My Sabre1-150 with 1000+ jumps obeys me well, thank you very much.

It suck as long as you learn how to do it. You can be really proud that you are able to pack anything (sport main).

Able and willing are two different things.

Almost feels like disrespect for a 150 jump weekend warrior to be offering advice on something like this, but I, with my novice packing experience, just got my brand new sabre 2 and then my brand new safire 2 in the bag 50 times.

Reverse s-fold, and use a pull up to do the first couple of stows.

Other than that, the exercise I get packing is the only chance I get to sweat. Don't mind a bit of that.

A freind of mine got a new V3 and I packed the researve for her hooked up the main. She picked it up... about 2 hours later a got a phone call and she was crying because she thought the gromets on the closing flaps were wrong. I had no idea what she was talking about so I went downstairs to her apartment and saw her standing on the rig trying to close it bottom top left right.... I LMAO and told her to read the manual. and close it Bottom Top Right Left it would be alot easier. B|