ACMESkydiver

Fitness Buddies Post Your Workouts/Health Habits for February 8th -14th

Workouts are going strong along with cardio. Its way more noticeable in my body appearance-wise now and I like that.....still got a long way to go...

Got some new workouts out the muscle and fitness magazine this month along with a 3 month meal plan that is doing very well. Am consistently eating 5-6 meals a day and still drinking a gallon of water.

With my cruise coming in 2 weeks, that is giving me added motivation, but I did the mirror test in my board shorts yesterday and I wasn't disappointed B|

CRUISE!! If you enjoy scuba diving, and an excursion is available, go do it & post pics! I miss diving in warm water. Here's our last cruise to the Bahamas (pic att)

Y'know I'm thinking you probably will come to think of it with your avatar...:ph34r:
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

208 lbs even... 29.5% bodyfat (I'm guessing that 25% reading was a miscalculation?)

Changed the workout a bit, instead of 10-15 reps at moderate tension, I'm trying 6-8 at max tension, super-slow. I can really feel the tension doing it that way, that's for sure!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thanks-I'm fine, the doctor is a genius, she was right I stopped with my extreme fitness challenge and the back straitened right out. The ticks are only out on warmer days but they're sneaky lil bastards around here- always find them crawling around.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

Hit a daily mileage record last week - over 8 miles in one day (3 of those miles at a 3.5 mph pace - that's fast for me) and I felt great the next day.

Discovered that my pedometer wasn't set up for my stride - it was set for 2100 steps per mile, my stride is 2000 steps per mile (based on a mile being four laps on the track). So over the past month, I've been walking more miles than I thought I was. That's cool.

The weather forecast is beautiful, I have no excuses for not walking my ass off this week.B|

>>Man, I'd love to learn some martial arts or kickboxing or something

Excellent, you already have training on how to punch and kick without hurting yourself so a heavy bag is a great investment-it really teaches you targeting and power techniques. plus you get to take out any >:(frustrations on it:)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

OMG, I ate out 4 days in a row and I gained 4 pounds last weekend. It was fun and a change of pace, but I punished myself of the treadmill this morning. No wine this week until I lose those pounds! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Don't you punish yourself enough everyday by reading our posts?

Hence why I'm driven to drink wine every night. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Just a thought on the protein shakes/whey powder mixes... check to see how much sugar (carbs) are in those things... I was really surprised when I looked at the whey powder stuff at the PX!

Label on these:

(per 4 scoops; now I typically use only 1 or 2)

Calories: 250
Calories from fat: 25
Total fat: 3g
Saturated fat 1.5g
Cholestrol: 60mg
Sodium: 500mg
Total carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 50g

Then it list vitamins, calcium, selenium, Digestive enzyme, L-Glutamine (I can't remember what that's for) and Glutamine Peptide (no idea whay that is for, but it has 2000mg of it).

I'm guessing that's a pretty good balance. The old & current Army Rangers around here seem to like it.
~Jaye

Hit a daily mileage record last week - over 8 miles in one day (3 of those miles at a 3.5 mph pace - that's fast for me) and I felt great the next day.

Discovered that my pedometer wasn't set up for my stride - it was set for 2100 steps per mile, my stride is 2000 steps per mile (based on a mile being four laps on the track). So over the past month, I've been walking more miles than I thought I was. That's cool.

The weather forecast is beautiful, I have no excuses for not walking my ass off this week.B|

Hooray for mileage goals! B| -I didn't realize that you had to set a pedometer to your stride but now that you say that...of course, how else does it keep track of your distance? :$:ph34r: I was trying to use the cheap one my son got from school, but it said that I walked 175 steps in a mile and a half. Damn. :|:D I'm thinkin' that's gonna go in the garbage...(it was a freebie -like a bubble gum ball machine giveaway).

Good pace, good attitude...looks like things are moving up -er- out for ya, Lisa. Good to hear it. B|
~Jaye

OMG, I ate out 4 days in a row and I gained 4 pounds last weekend. It was fun and a change of pace, but I punished myself of the treadmill this morning. No wine this week until I lose those pounds! B|

I did too kinda...I went to a 6 year olds birthday party with all of the crap food you could imagine :S then SuperBowl party (we forgot to put out the turkey sammiches! :o:D More turkey for us I guess. :P) and fat Tuesday...and I've been off my meds so that spelled 6 pounds in the wrong direction. :(

I just woke up from a 3 hour nap (was awake all night w/boys) and I'll have to find a way to squeeze in a workout along with all of my other errands with the darned caregiver coming in late every day...[:/]

I have not 'cheated' (except accidentally licking a knife with peanut butter and a lil packet of hot sauce) on my *diet*. However, I need to get it through my head that just because it is an 'allowed' food, does NOT mean that I can eat it all day and night...

Good job on getting back on top of things right away. That's key to keeping on track. :)
~Jaye

I got nasty sick and have done nothing as far as exercise. Sick like I'm just exhausted and walking up the stairs winds me. :S

Oh...[:/]

Feel better soon! Definitely DO NOT work out whilest sick...right, Krisanne?! :) (dunno if she's online today or not :ph34r:)
~Jaye

It's been a while since I posted- I know I put on a few since then, so I'll just start with my new numbers.
Beginning weight- 270
Weigh in ths week- 265
Loss- -5 pounds
So that's 15 pounds to go till my first jump. Unfortunately, I have hit a snag in the road- below is a copy of my blog from my myspace page-

So it only took 31 years, but I finally have broken a bone- my 4th medacarpal (sp.) in my right hand. It happened during live training in my Jiu Jitsu class, at around 12:30 today. I had managed to work myself back into a standing position over Mike (my training opponent). I attempted a cart wheel pass and as my right hand contacted the mat I heard a pretty distinctive and loud snap. I initially thought that my knuckle had cracked when my fingers bent back- there was no pain. It started to swell and get achy a few minutes later. The fact that it could be broken crossed my mind, but seeing as how I could close and open my hand with only minor irritation, I was still thinking sprain, or something along those lines.
After leaving, I had to go see my doctor about my heart test results from last week (yes I'm fine). So while I was there I asked her to look at my hand. She didn't like the swelling, and the fact that I now had a hard time closing my hand, so she sent me to get an x-ray. So I trapse over to the hospital, and get my hand x-rayed, and I ask the tech if the doctor will read the films before I leave- and to my shock he replies "Oh no, it usually takes 24-48 hours before they get read." I plead my case (that I live a half hour away, and it's a real bitch to bring a 2 and 4 year old to the doctors office) so he was actually nice enough to get the doctor to come down to the x-ray lab and read my films. So now they want me to go see an orthopedic doctor, and I ask why...and they say "Oh, because you have a spiral fracture of your 4th medecarpal in your hand." Well that explains it then. And wouldn't you know it, no orthopedic doctor can see me until Wednesday at 11:15. So apparently, I now have to deal with this until then. Shit-I thought if it was broke they splint it or cast it right then and there- shows you how much I know.
So now I'm really bummed, because I can't train for who knows how long (I'm hoping for only a few weeks), and it's my right hand (and I am predominantly right handed- except for writing). But hey, the upside to all of this- I broke my hand while doing something I enjoy. I could have broken it at work, or doing something stupid. So I guess it's not all bad. Hopefully I'll be back soon. I already can't wait. By the way- the x-rays look sick!!!

So I guess I just have to watch what I eat, and go take some runs- my goal is to make jump weight by this summer, and then hopefully I'll have a nice long post about my first skydive- a dream I've had for as long as I can remember.
Catch you all next week.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Yeah, I'm still around, but with all the recent threads about "Should you only be allowed to st here if you are (fill in the blank)" I figured I'd keep a low profile. But this thread is different- plus I could use the motivation of checking in every week again.

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

Lessee....

Didn't get in a workout in Orlando, even though those who were staying at the hotel that had free passes to the really nice Y were nice enough to scam me free passes... but I did do that skydiving thing and that's kind of a workout at times.

But I did get up this morning in time to do 15 minutes on the elliptical before the brand-new morning yoga class at my gym (yay for them finally adding a morning yoga class). It was a great class but there were only two of us in it, so unless the attendance picks up in subsequent weeks I fear they'll cancel it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah, I'm still around, but with all the recent threads about "Should you only be allowed to st here if you are (fill in the blank)" I figured I'd keep a low profile. But this thread is different- plus I could use the motivation of checking in every week again.

Screw that - you're working toward being able to jump and have the fire in your belly - you're good!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I hope your yoga class doesn't go the way of the Latin Cardio Dance class at my club. I'm already missing the booty shaking and its only been 2 weeks! :$ There were only 5 or 6 "regulars" and it just wasn't worth it for the instructor to come out just for us and the occasional walk in. I can catch her class on another night at a different location, but things have been nuts at work and I haven't been able to get out early enough to get there. ...........sigh............. Its nice to balance out the weight lifting and elliptical with something fun, you know?

Screw that - you're working toward being able to jump and have the fire in your belly - you're good!

What he said..................:P