ACMESkydiver

Fitness Buddies Post Your Workouts/Health Habits for February 8th -14th

Sorry, I forgot yesterday. :$

I did a pretty good lower body workout day before yesterday, followed with a 30 minute trek on the treadmill. Felt good, 'cept my foot was bothering me on the lunges. :S Taking some anti-inflamatory as some peeps recommended and I think that will help.

I didn't work out yesterday to try to give it a break.

I'm doing well with 'no suagr, no preservatives, no artificial anything' in my diet. The exceptions I'm making are dairy products, and the health products I'm already using -whey protein powders, bars, shakes, etc.

The only 'cheating' I did on accident was licking the knife after making the boys peanut butter & honey sammiches (dang it! >:() and I forgot and used a packet of Taco Bell hot sauce on my corn chips. :S

But I've started getting these 6 pounds that I gained in a few days back off...and daddy told me to get back on my thyroid meds fast before I burn out my thyroid totally. :S Dang it, they are costing money. >:( (although WalMart has 'em cheaper! Thanks Ladydyver! :)
How y'all doin'? :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I was wondering where this post was yesterday!!!!

Since i'm going to a lot of doctors right now (long story) i found out that i lost 2 pounds in a week timeframe. I didn't think that was TOO bad...

Yesterday I ran outside for the first time in a while... I did it without my knee brace and it was great!!! I was really excited about it!

I thought about going running again today, but decided not to. I have a soccer game tonight and figured i'd take it slightly easy. My muscles are sore from curling wednesday and thursday (stop laughing, it IS a sport). Tomorrow, i figured i'm either gonna make sure to go on a nice run, or I'm thinking about going snow shoeing. Monday... well, mondays have been more known to be my day's off it seems, but i may go run monday. I finally figured out what heart rate monitoring watch i want, so now i just have to bring myself to shelling out the money to buy it. It's pretty expensive. Tuesday, I have bellydancing, and i might be filling in for a curling team as a sub, but if not, i may go for a run. The weather is supposed to be warm by then. Wednesday and Thursday I have curling matches, and who knows what i'm doing next weekend. I know it'll be active though!!! :)
That's my plan of attack right now... Of course a few things might be added or changed around...

CReW SKies,
bubbles

"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Sorry, I forgot yesterday. :$

I did a pretty good lower body workout day before yesterday, followed with a 30 minute trek on the treadmill. Felt good, 'cept my foot was bothering me on the lunges. :S Taking some anti-inflamatory as some peeps recommended and I think that will help.

I didn't work out yesterday to try to give it a break.

I'm doing well with 'no suagr, no preservatives, no artificial anything' in my diet. The exceptions I'm making are dairy products, and the health products I'm already using -whey protein powders, bars, shakes, etc.

The only 'cheating' I did on accident was licking the knife after making the boys peanut butter & honey sammiches (dang it! >:() and I forgot and used a packet of Taco Bell hot sauce on my corn chips. :S

But I've started getting these 6 pounds that I gained in a few days back off...and daddy told me to get back on my thyroid meds fast before I burn out my thyroid totally. :S Dang it, they are costing money. >:( (although WalMart has 'em cheaper! Thanks Ladydyver! :)
How y'all doin'? :)

Sounds like you're doing fantastic!!! That's marvalous!!! Way to go!!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles

I did a 41 mile training ride for the MS 150 this morning and that kinda kicked my butt. It was hilly and we were riding on a not so smooth surface... BUT the weather was beautiful.

I've got a 50 miler lined up for next Saturday - should be a good time. :)

Awright! Well enjoy your soccer game...and snow shoeing sounds fun!

What type of heart rate monitor are you looking for? I was looking at one of the Polar 3 (or something like that) for myself. I found a website that had it on sale (something like $49 when it was $99) but that was for month of January. I'll check back with the 3 sites I look through for fitness gear to see if it's still there. They have a TON of heart rate monitors. B|

~Jaye

I did a 41 mile training ride for the MS 150 this morning and that kinda kicked my butt. It was hilly and we were riding on a not so smooth surface... BUT the weather was beautiful.

I've got a 50 miler lined up for next Saturday - should be a good time. :)

WOW! Have fun with that! :)
Out of curiosity, how long (time) does a ride like that take you to copmlete?
~Jaye

I was wondering where this post was yesterday!!!!

Well definitely don't wait for me to post it, sweetie! You can do it too! :)

I may be away from my 'puter for a bit in the next few weeks, and I'd hate for people not to post their updates just because I don't have access...

Laptop will be in the shop again and our visitors will be here by then. I'll be a busy woman trying to run 2 interent companies on the slow-as-freaking-molasses desk top computer that will be sharing a wireless connection with 3 teenagers and their laptops and an 11 year old. B|

-Did I mention that we will ALL be in the office together at the same time?! B|B|B|

I think my coffee habit might be returning (I kicked it, BTW! :) I have about 1 cup of coffee daily now, whereas it was a 12-cup pot to pot and a half daily before...B|)
~Jaye

No more major workouts from now until Tuesday. The Coast Guard will make up for it the moment I get there, and if I forget any of my 11 General Orders. :P

You can bet your butt on that I'm sure! :ph34r:

I could absolutely bet my butt on it. B|
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

What's the site for the heart rate monitors... lol, right now i'm using that as an excuse for not running in the frigid cold :P:)

I found one i REALLY like, but don't really NEED... I really like the Garmin 305 Bundle, but I really don't NEED a GPS on my watch!!! And I'm thinking it'd be nice for biking, but like i said... I don't REALLY need that...

Well, next weekend, i don't think i'm gonna be around either, so i won't be able to do the friday post!!! B|:DB|

But have my soccer game in a few hours (i don't really care for the 9PM games), so that's good. And yes, snowshoeing would be fun if i decide to go. I haven't been out yet this year....

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Hope ya don't freeze! 9pm in the c-c-c-cold! :(:o

I'm looking through the sites...I think it may have showed me the lower price because I'm a business owner and I go through their wholesale portal. :$

I'm still looking for a way for you to find it without a wholesale log on...if I can't, I'll just PM you my access to it. ;)

~Jaye

YUMMY PROTEIN SHAKE RECIPE!!! :)
Pina Colada...a couple of different ways to do it:

Stuff you need:
canned pineapple (no sugar added)
canned pears (in their own juice)
Low-fat Ricottta cheese
Some type of protein powder (preferably vanilla flavored, and with as much of a punch for protein vs. calories as you can find)
'Simply Fruit' (no sugar, no preservatives) orange marmalade

Into your blender (or Magic Bullet if your mommy got you one for Christmas, too! :)
Add about 1/2 cup of the pear juice from your canned pears, and 1/2 cup of the pears

Add about 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice from your canned pineapples, and 1/4-1/2 cup of the pineapple

Add about 1/8th cup (or a few tablespoons) Low fat Ricotta cheese

Add about a tablespoon of the orange marmalade

Add however many scoops of the protein powder you personally need (me I just use one that has about 12gm protein/scoop)

Add a bit of ice (1/4 cup or so) and a bit of water as needed to hydrate your protein powder.

Blend. Yum. B|

Additions: 1 teaspoon coconut oil or 1/2 'shot' of sugar free coconut syrup. -The marmalade gives it a 'coconutty' kind of flavor already surprisingly, but if you REALLY love coconut, add the oil or syrup ;))

1 pouch/scoop/however yours comes fiber powder

Wheat grass (I'm liking this! :)
Skim milk if you like.

Use frozen pears/pineapple to make it thicker.
~Jaye

I try to run a bit... 11km this morning (50 mins) plus weights etc.. most weeks I do 30-40km. I somethings think I do ok, but my physiotherapist puts me to shame - running 11 - 18 miles a day 6 days a week preparing for a 145 mile non-stop race in May (see website)

http://www.gucr.co.uk/

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

WOW, that is a lot of work for a shake! (yeah I am more of a just-add-water kinda person:D)

I got bored with my usual workout routine. I decided to go bike riding. I haven't ridden a bike since I was small and the bikes came with tassles and basket...18 miles later....MY ASS HURTS :D:D:D It was a great low impact workout for my legs sparing my knees and ankles. I don't think my ass will ever forgive me.

Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...

I try to run a bit... 11km this morning (50 mins) plus weights etc.. most weeks I do 30-40km. I somethings think I do ok, but my physiotherapist puts me to shame - running 11 - 18 miles a day 6 days a week preparing for a 145 mile non-stop race in May (see website)

http://www.gucr.co.uk/

-I can't get the website to come up. :|
~Jaye

Heads up on the heartrate monitors:

Dick's has a bunch, and Sports Authority has pretty much the same selection (HUGE!) and same pricing, however SA has free shipping on electronics $39.99 & up right now and Dick's you have to be at $99 to get free ship.

I'd link them but I don't want to get into trouble. They are two of our company's business partners.
~Jaye

WOW, that is a lot of work for a shake! (yeah I am more of a just-add-water kinda person:D)

I got bored with my usual workout routine. I decided to go bike riding. I haven't ridden a bike since I was small and the bikes came with tassles and basket...18 miles later....MY ASS HURTS :D:D:D It was a great low impact workout for my legs sparing my knees and ankles. I don't think my ass will ever forgive me.

-It sounds like it, but once you've bought the marmalade and ricotta (the oddball ingrediants) then it's real easy and it tastes soooooo good. :)

Riding a bike...:$ Last time I tried to ride my friend's crappy bike I couldn't get down the road. :|

So much for 'it's like riding a bike...you never forget'.

Huh. They never met Acme. :D
~Jaye

Workouts are going strong along with cardio. Its way more noticeable in my body appearance-wise now and I like that.....still got a long way to go...

Got some new workouts out the muscle and fitness magazine this month along with a 3 month meal plan that is doing very well. Am consistently eating 5-6 meals a day and still drinking a gallon of water.

With my cruise coming in 2 weeks, that is giving me added motivation, but I did the mirror test in my board shorts yesterday and I wasn't disappointed B|

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Hope ya don't freeze! 9pm in the c-c-c-cold! :(:o

I'm looking through the sites...I think it may have showed me the lower price because I'm a business owner and I go through their wholesale portal. :$

I'm still looking for a way for you to find it without a wholesale log on...if I can't, I'll just PM you my access to it. ;)

Soccer was a blast!!! Winter season up here is indoor!!! They just build a big dome for us to play in!!! Plus we won!!! WOOHOO!!!

Awesome on the heart rate monitors.... I decided that i'm definitely going to get one. I'm also buying a membership this week to the dome for a month to use the track in it. It's a 1/4th mile track, not bad for indoors... Figure by mid march when the membership is up, it'll start being warm enough to run outside!!! :D:)

CReW Skies,
bubbles

Well it goes like this- I set up some heavy punching bags in the basement, then whenever I need to go and stoke the wood furnace I chop some wood and proceed to punch and kick the crap out of the bags, then I go upstairs climb a ladder and tape a some drywall, then I go and do some inverted sit ups. Then a long hike in the woods-

after two weeks of this my back was killing me so I went in for a lyme test cuz of all the ticks in the forest- and the doc tells me not to do any exercise for a while, and stay out of the woods.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

after two weeks of this my back was killing me so I went in for a lyme test cuz of all the ticks in the forest- and the doc tells me not to do any exercise for a while, and stay out of the woods.

Oh! [:/] Hope you're ok. Back injuries suck, & ticks are scary. :|
~Jaye