Acoisa

Censorship on DZ.com

Wow....

I just posted an answer to a thread in the incident forum last night regarding a military training fatality.

It was nothing special, just an observation I had made and anyone could have made if they had spent some time at SkydiveAZ last week..

It got deleted!

No explanation, no moderator pm, no trace of my post....

Lets make a new forum: Cloaks&Daggers.com!

Silly... :S

Lets see how long this post stays online....

Also you should be aware how the Deletion works. Sometimes when the Mods delete a Post, And responses to that Post also get deleted. Not because they choose to but that is just the way the software works. It may not have been your post that they deleted but if yours was a responce to that post it would disappear too..

Do not take it personally or as sign of a Conspiracy.

I just mentioned that a "specific" group of people had been training at SkydiveAz all week...

I understand, but what 'specifically' does that have to do with the fatality?

That thread is a learning tool far and above any other on this site.
The mods try to keep and any all superfluous static out of the thread as it tends to wander off topic.

It being removed wasn't 'aimed' at you I'm sure...just keeping within the site's rules.

It's a good thing! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just mentioned that a "specific" group of people had been training at SkydiveAz all week...

Perhaps that "group" isn't one that particularly enjoys having its activities pointed out to the public at large.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Perhaps that "group" isn't one that particularly enjoys having its activities pointed out to the public at large.

Not to mention the fact that "that group" was mentioned in the initial post...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

That's kinda what I mean by wander off topic, I take it your post speculated Eloy as a start point, which from what is being reported is wrong.

Oh...and you're kind of cross posting, http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3125005#3125005 maybe wanna delete that one so the mod doesn't have to?;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lets make a new forum: Cloaks&Daggers.com!

It appears that domain name is still available. Knock yourself out. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm not explicitly saying that that group was "that group" lol. :D

The body was found on a golf course; So "that group" was the golfers?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thats OK.. I deleted that one too. ;)

I deleted the one last night since it was not directly related to the topic. Having to read hundreds of posts all day and deleting those that are off topic or violating rules takes up enough of my time. I have tried to be nice in the past and explain every one of my deleted thread when I delete one and I usually get ignored (waste of my time to expain it then) or bitched at that I did something to offend them (once again a waste of my time to argue) and then they make comments all the time about it. I'll send out notices for warnings or if I need to suspend someones posting privilages for a short time peroid but I've quit sending notices for deleted threads. For example last night between the mods we deleted over 40 threads, mainly containing personal attacks or were distracting in the Incidents forums. Thats almost an hour in sending out notices... not happening with me, I have too many other things to worry about.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

>It got deleted!

You replied to a post that said (basically) "don't speculate." Those posts get deleted, per the Incident forum rules. If you reply to a post that gets deleted, your post gets deleted as well. Sorry, that's just how the forum software works.

>No explanation . . . .

I generally don't have time to send 12 PM's to everyone involved when I prune such a thread.

Having to read hundreds of posts all day and deleting those that are off topic or violating rules takes up enough of my time.

That's why they pay ya the BIG bucks! ;)

But look at the benifits package.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

But look at the benifits package.:P

Hanging out with skymama in the dungeon?>:(

Mmmmm - Thta would be it.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Hanging out with skymama in the dungeon?

Yeah.. cause that helps to pay the bills. She won't let us install a webcam or else we'd be running a pay per view website by now :P

Wait - What is the premium membership for again?:o

:)

Same here Acoisa.... I felt like I did something bad when I found out it had been deleted. But it was my own fault because it was my first post in the forum and I didn't bother to read the rules--which are pretty specific! After posting , I read them and they do make sense though, especially for the Incidents forum. Fortunately, I am one to learn from my mistakes (for the most part)....

On a side note, I do find it annoying that some people chronically complain about rules, posting etiquette, moderating, etc. as DZ.com is FREE folks! Most everyone here doesn't pay a penny to post here and the moderators seem to be pretty forgiving (too forgiving sometimes) to most posters that are undeserving of basic posting privileges. This forum is the best of its kind, in my opinion, and it makes sense for the creator and moderators to want to keep it this way by getting rid of "trash" or useless comments where they don't belong.