Eagle7

FreeZR-Visor

Yesterday I opened up the visor on my FreeZR helmet after opening and the face shield cracked. My hands (I had warm motorcycle gloves) were freezing after the long ride on a Cessna 206. My hand on one side slipped and the visor locks were not opened at the exact same time.

I took it to the Square 3 store and I was told some guy on a skydive team cracked his visor the previous Saturday. I do not know if this is a strange coincidence or that the two visor locks must be open at the same time. I am posting this so FreeZR owners can save themselves the $60 cost to replace the visor.

I've used my FreeZR for about 35 minutes in wind tunnels. During the last 10 minute session I found that one of the holes in the visor which go over the pegs on the helmet, had started to elongate meaning that one side of the visor started to lift and open. Next time I use it in the tunnel I'll take some gaffer tape with me to secure the visor more securely.

Over all I'm happy with the lid though.

I am definitely happy with it. It is the only helmet that fits over my glasses. I also like the view, the fit and the audible pockets. I am going to get a new visor and just be mindful when opening the visor locks when under canopy.

I cracked mine the same way last winter. One finger slipped off one side and it cracked. Luckily it cracked out of my line of site. I drilled the end of the crack and have been using it for over a year. The crack gives it the flexibility it needed.

I have about 10 hrs in the tunnel with it. I tape the visor down and the side covers also. I lost a side cover in the tunnel once.