woodpecker

wiring money

Has anyone ever sold anything and just had the buyer wire the money into your account?

Are there and Conns to this? I'm guessing all I'll need to do is give my acct and routing number, but can anything 'shady' happen when someone has this info?

Billy
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Has anyone ever sold anything and just had the buyer wire the money into your account?

Are there and Conns to this? I'm guessing all I'll need to do is give my acct and routing number, but can anything 'shady' happen when someone has this info?

Billy

It's fine to have money wired to your account.

I've had money wired to my personal account. I also work at a University and I have clients wire money for payments ALL the time.

If you're worried about it, talk to your bank and ask them about how it works.
'Shell

IMHO I would bee weary about giving someone my routing and account number. I would be concerned someone would take what little money I have. But that's just me.

Anytime you write somebody a check they see your routing & account #...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I just sent money by Bank Transfer to Switzerland (No cheques involved) and it all went through without a hitch (they -the banks - do this all day long).

The only shady thing, is that the bank makes loads of money from what is a simple process.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Do it all the time. In Australia it's the standard way to pay for things... when you buy stuff from e-bay and check out, you have the person's bank details displayed and you just put the money in.

Have done it lots of times during international transactions too.