Rdutch

Do you have blue eyes? We're family then!

Which means skymama's just being anal.

Well, I was hoping it was more interesting than that, but I sympathize because I have my list of words and phrases that drive me crazy too:

"I could care less" <-hate that one
"irregardless" <- moderately annoying
mixing there and their and they're <- similar sensation to a paper cut underneath the fingernail
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

[drift]
Irregardless of the fact that I could care less, they're people on this planet people who haven't got a natural talent for languages. Let them make there mistakes, their not doing it on purpose. :)
Also, see this thread .
[/drift]

Me got blue eyes too also.
My father doesn't, but my mother does, and so does the milkman.

This is perfectly alright though, as in genetics the gene for blue eyes is recessive to the one for brown eyes. This means that if you got both traits, you'll have brown eyes, but on the other hand if you got blue eyes you must have only the "blue trait".

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

>Scientists find that blue-eyed individuals have a single, common ancestor

Go far enough and we all have a single common ancestor.

Waddent ME! :$

That's because you couldn't get laid even back when there was only one other choice
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Which means skymama's just being anal.

Well, I was hoping it was more interesting than that, but I sympathize because I have my list of words and phrases that drive me crazy too:

"I could care less" <-hate that one
"irregardless" <- moderately annoying
mixing there and their and they're <- similar sensation to a paper cut underneath the fingernail

Add "I seen"
and "Instantaneously" and I'm with you.
Oh yea, and to, instead of too
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

>Scientists find that blue-eyed individuals have a single, common ancestor

Go far enough and we all have a single common ancestor.

Waddent ME! :$

That's because you couldn't get laid even back when there was only one other choice

Which is why YOU never get laid....you think they have a CHOICE! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I'm blue eyed and left handed. How's that for f-ed up?

So am I, so that should give you an idea.:ph34r:

I knew this years ago about the blue eye gene. I learned about it in H.S. genetics. Remember the Punit Square? Two blue eyed parents cannot produce anything but a blue eyed child. There are deviations in color which include gray, some greens and some hazels. Now, brown eyed parents can produce a blue eyed child provided they're both hybrid browns.

My apologies if someone has previously posted this information. I have not yet read the other posts.:|

So am I, so that should give you an idea.:ph34r:

I knew this years ago about the blue eye gene. I learned about it in H.S. genetics. Remember the Punit Square? Two blue eyed parents cannot produce anything but a blue eyed child. There are deviations in color which include gray, some greens and some hazels. Now, brown eyed parents can produce a blue eyed child provided they're both hybrid browns.

My apologies if someone has previously posted this information. I have not yet read the other posts.:|

My daddy has brown eyes and my mom has hazel (brown/green hazel). My brother and I have blue eyes...sis has brown.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So am I, so that should give you an idea.

My apologies if someone has previously posted this information. I have not yet read the other posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My daddy has brown eyes and my mom has hazel (brown/green hazel). My brother and I have blue eyes...sis has brown.

Your mom and dad carry the hybrid brown gene. Big B, little b.

This is perfectly alright though, as in genetics the gene for blue eyes is recessive to the one for brown eyes. This means that if you got both traits, you'll have brown eyes, but on the other hand if you got blue eyes you must have only the "blue trait".

The way I understand it is if both parents have blue eyes, then the child is 100% likely to have blue eyes, with a very rare exception that some kids get gold (yellow) eyes.

But if you have one brown-eyed parent, and one blue-eyed, that doesn't mean you'll automatically get brown eyes. The recessive gene just means you're more likely to get brown eyes. But you can still inherit blue eyes, it's just less of a chance.

For instance, my wife has brown, I have blue, and my daughter has blue eyes. But it was further complicated by the fact that my wife's father has blue eyes, which gave my daughter closer to a 50-50 chance of brown or blue. And we really think my daughter's eyes look very much like my wife's father's eyes.

Personally, I just hope my daughter got her mother's (or her father's) good vision, instead of my near-sightedness.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

My Ex has blue eyes, I have brown. We have a blue eyed and a brown eyed kid. We're also both lefties, but have a righty and a lefty in our kids. Funny how genes work!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Andrea, in your case you have hybrid brown eyes. You're carrying a recessive blue eyed gene. As for right and left handed people, it's not the same thing. I may be wrong on this, but I don't believe being right/left handed has anything to do with genes.

As for your hybrid brown eyes, good for you for being so conscientious about global warming.;)