McDuck

Holography Question

If I only have red-sensitive photographic plates (PFG-03M), am I only able to use a red diode laser to capture the image? Would I need different plates rated for a different color light to use my 50mW green laser? I've got 30 plates to experiment with, so I suppose I could just screw a few up trying, but it never hurts to ask.

I just hate coloring inside the lines, you know? B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Yes you willl need a different plate to do green as PFG-03M is red only, VRP-M is green plate.

Luck you, quite a few plates to play have fun.

Thanks for the information! Once I get everything ready and do a few trial runs up to, but not including, putting the plate in place, I'll start having fun. Right now, it's all planning and associated busy-work.

Any reason why I can't try something a bit more interesting than coins the first go-round? I'd like to use polished rocks for the first shot.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Yes you willl need a different plate to do green as PFG-03M is red only, VRP-M is green plate.

Luck you, quite a few plates to play have fun.

Thanks for the information! Once I get everything ready and do a few trial runs up to, but not including, putting the plate in place, I'll start having fun. Right now, it's all planning and associated busy-work.

Any reason why I can't try something a bit more interesting than coins the first go-round? I'd like to use polished rocks for the first shot.

can use pretty much anything as long ass it has good fine details this will help if your having a vibrations moving the plate issue. (And you will at some point lol) I had one ruin due to the frnace comming on and the vibration on the floor from it. one my son so excited he could't stay still lol and bounding on the floor (He's 7,) and bumping the table.

I then moved to the basment on the concreet floor and turned off the furnace switch for the short period to do the capture. I also used one table to hold the item and the plate and another for the laser and the card I use as a shutter.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."