bigway

Knight Rider

I didn't even know there was a new series.[:/] When Glen Larson was producing it (David Hasselhof) I was one of the studio cats on that show. It was a hoot, but high pressure due to the low budget. Who is the new lead? What kind of car are they using?

I didn't even know there was a new series.[:/] When Glen Larson was producing it (David Hasselhof) I was one of the studio cats on that show. It was a hoot, but high pressure due to the low budget. Who is the new lead? What kind of car are they using?

Kit calls him "Mike" :| - He's not MIKE - It's Michael . . . WTF?

No - I didn't see the thing, I saw a teaser inbetween two episodes of CSI.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

wikipedia had this:

"2008 Telepic/backdoor pilot

Main article: Knight Rider (2008 film)

On September 26, 2007, NBC announced that it is creating a two-hour backdoor pilot to air later that season.[8] In the new version, Justin Bruening starred as the estranged son of Michael Knight, Mike Traceur.[9] Deanna Russo played Tracer's one-time girlfriend and love interest, Sarah Graiman.[9] Bruce Davison co-stared as her father, physicist Charles Graiman.[9] Wayne Kasserman co-starred as Mike's roommate and friend.[10] David Hasselhoff also had a cameo as Michael Knight.[9] KITT was portrayed as a black 550 HP Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang.[11]

Supervising producer Dave Andron wrote the pilot script, Doug Liman and Dave Bartis executive produced it.[9] NBC announced on December 13, 2007 that the new 2-hour pilot will air on February 17, 2008. Val Kilmer was the voice for the new K.I.T.T. Mustang (the part had been recorded by Will Arnett, but he was asked to withdraw by General Motors because of contractual conflict[12]), and Sydney Tamiia Poitier, daughter of Sidney Poitier, will play FBI agent Carrie Ruvai.[13]"

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I watched some of it. I don't really remember the first one. So, I can't compare it to that. It was tolerable at best. If there was nothing else on, I suppose I might watch it. The Hoff showed up in the last five minutes. He amuses me.
---------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/rave4funn

From all he told me, it was a couple hours out of his life he wished he could get back.

I watched it. I had the same reaction. Plus, it was mainly a two hour Ford commercial.

But the car is a Shelby. Very nice.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

i quite enjoyed it, it could have been less flash and more content, it was very hard to keep my attention in it all. too many distractors. and i wasnt satisfied that they didnt give anough specs for the KITT or any background on his predecessor knight industries and what theyve been doing for the last 20 years. but i liked it, good to see the hoff, im sure the germans enjoyed that, they love that f'er
Fly it like you stole it

Alright, Fess up, Who watched the new start of the new series? is it worth getting a copy to watch?

The remade this?

No man, stop watching this TV thing. I know it's hard to give up. (VERY hard) but your life will be better for it.

besides, look at all of the "new" shows. mostly full of "reality" shows, and there are a lot more commercials than there used to be.

I am of the generation that watched the original as a kid (35 now), and so I watched this for nostalgia sake. It was terrible. I think they wanted to match the campy sillyness of the original, but I guess I can't watch that level anymore. The first 5-10 seconds of the opening theme was the best part of the show.

I can tell I am a car nut because I really had to shake my head when KITT, a Mustang GT500KR with ungodly amounts of horsepower and a perfect robotic driver, could not escape from the bad guys in a Ford Edge crossover. Sigh.

I did like Val Kilmer as the voice of KITT.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I am of the generation that watched the original as a kid (35 now), and so I watched this for nostalgia sake.

I can tell I am a car nut because I really had to shake my head when KITT, a Mustang GT500KR with ungodly amounts of horsepower and a perfect robotic driver, could not escape from the bad guys in a Ford Edge crossover. Sigh.

I grew up watching knight rider. I liked it as a 8 yr old

as for the car getting away from bad guys, how exciting would the show be if car just sort of hit the gas and outran the chase cars, and said "ohh, we got away."?

I remember going to universal studios with my parents when I was 8 or 9. They had kitt on display there, you could sit in it and talk to the car. I remember having a conversation with the car like:
me - "you some guy in the back somewhere!"
kitt - "I'm a intelligent computer."
me - "nuhh ahhh"
kitt - "you can see me on channel 7 every thursday at 8 pm pst"

My parents thought it was quite funny.
I did tune in that next thursday.... I was/am such a tool. :)

Edited for spelling---

as for the car getting away from bad guys, how exciting would the show be if car just sort of hit the gas and outran the chase cars, and said "ohh, we got away."?

I know what you are sayin', and I'm sayin' give the bad guys a better set of wheels, like a Z06 or something! But it was an old-school moment, just like when the General Lee could never get away from Rosco until it reached that "under construction" bridge. That car horn blowing Dixie, the Knight Rider theme, and Jan Hammer's Miami Vice theme all reside in my head connected to the cars of the shows, the Charger, the TransAm and the Testarossa.

[JSBIRD]
Here's a video of Kitt coming out of the trailer.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=347_1203289729

BASE359

That's a sweet sounding motor. I don't see those rear tires lasting long if I could get behind the wheel of that thing.

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".