UKFSDude

Neptune flatline during swoop

Hey Guys,
i am jumping a pilot 150 loaded at around 1.2 and the other day while practicising my 180 swoops my neptune flatlined. After reading the manual I have noticed that it says this may happen, what it doesnt do is give the speed you need to be doing in the swoop (without swoop mode enabled) in order for the dytter to flatline. Could anyone tell me that speed?

Cheers

Yes, ask Alt-2, they should know and be able to tell you.

Sorry for the tangent... but didn't someone do the math awhile back and note that a Neptune will flat-line at about 80% of the descent rate / speed needed to fire an Expert Cypres... other factors are involved, but something to think about if you're practicing your swooping and you're flat-lining your Neptune.

Happens every time on my dytter. No big whoop.

I disagree. I'm now on my fourth Neptune. When it does what it is claimed, it's great. The problem is I'm on my fourth one, and that's like going to a restaurant where the food is crappy but it's "all you can eat".

I went to one because I wear so many different helmets, I'd occasionally leave my pro dytter in one I wasn't wearing on a skydive, so I'd lose the log function.

Anyhow, to the original poster, make sure it has the latest software.

Im not sure we are referring to the same thing. When it is not in swoop mode, it will give you audibles based on what you have it set at (freefall). When swooping it will go off at whatever alti you have it set at if you are on the wall in a dive. Now, if you have it in swoop mode and it goes to a freefall audible, yes there is a problem with that. Send it back if that is what it is doing. But if its just making noise because you are in a swoop dive and not in swoop mode....deal with it....its doing what its is supposed to do.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....