efs4ever

Floor Work. Can This Be Made Easier??

Just lay new tile over the existing. You dont own the place, so just epoxy thinset the new tile over the old and crout it. You'll have aabout a 3/8" step up when going into the bathroom, but you can cover it with a threshold plate. You'll probably move to another apt later, so who cares if it's tile over tile.

I deal with work all of the time done by people with that attitude, and frankly, it pisses me off. Too damned lazy to do it right, so they do a crappy job and let someone else deal with the consequences.
Getting a quality bond, tile on tile, is not guaranteed. Then, you have to put in a raised threshold, thus creating a potential trip hazard for old people, or someone who's not aware of the situation.

Then, you'll have to cut off the door bottom. Hopefully, it isn't a hollowcore door and it wasn't cut when it was first installed.

I could go on, but thankfully, someone else's crappy work keeps me in business.

[reply.

Sorry, but I don't want the lip that high. It's chisel time!
Your're just another one of the "Young Noobs" that asks for advice and then ignores it completely and does your own thing regardless
"Young Noob", are you kidding??:D Russ is graybeard who's older than than Uranus. Oh fuck, I'm older than Russ and possibly even older than Airtwardo.[:/][:/]
Realy :o WOW you're kidding, so all those pics, and time lapse videos , and wandering stories with Womfish, aren't just figments of a young mind:o WOW, just WOW:D.

And Russ several people (including me) have told you the easy way to do it, Hammer Drill (Ramset Hilti) and a flat blade chisel.:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Advice well taken. I checked on renting one, and it was forty bucks. I OWN the big ass hammer and chisel now. It will be the fruit of my labor. B|

It's only 24 square feet.

And Russ several people (including me) have told you the easy way to do it, Hammer Drill (Ramset Hilti) and a flat blade chisel.:P

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I deal with work all of the time done by people with that attitude, and frankly, it pisses me off. Too damned lazy to do it right, so they do a crappy job and let someone else deal with the consequences.
Getting a quality bond, tile on tile, is not guaranteed. Then, you have to put in a raised threshold, thus creating a potential trip hazard for old people, or someone who's not aware of the situation.

Then, you'll have to cut off the door bottom. Hopefully, it isn't a hollowcore door and it wasn't cut when it was first installed.

I could go on, but thankfully, someone else's crappy work keeps me in business.

You seem to be complaining when it's to your benefit.... :S:S:S

His post said it's not his apt and was complaining that nothing ever gets done without doing paying for and doing it yourself, and how hard it was chipping out the tile. My suggestion was to make it easier if he wasnt going to get the tile up easily and didnt own the place. I'd never do that shit where I live, but I also have owned everything I have lived in since I was 23. ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I've got a floor boss scraper that makes short work of a lot of stuff like that. Did some old parquet last week that it made short work of. Looks like you almost got it, though.

Why all that bother with a rental?:S

Well, I've been here for nine years. I'll probably be here when they sell out and demolish. Meanwhile, as was stated by a previous poster, If you want a nicer environment you gotta do it yourself. I did the floors to get rid of carpet. I painted rich color on the walls. I bought black mini blinds, black glass top stove, black fridge and black ceramic tile for kitchen. (They put that in) They also gave me a black dishwasher when the last one crapped out. That was dishwasher 3.

It's in a nice part of town, and I have a poolside view which is NICE when it's bikini season. (sooon! :D)

Now I have a new toilet soon to be located on top of a new floor. Soon. Presently I have a flange in the floor and the toilet is on the porch. :|.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Jesus did anybody look at his profile?
Houston defense attorney! I'd just run thru my A/R file and find a couple or three "clients" who do good work and are behind in payments. You should get quality work, the job is complete, and you won't have to read the voluminous saftey warnings that came with your toolsB|
Please remember to wear your impact resistant glasses when chipping that tile. I would hate to have you put your eye out then sue the manufacturer of the $10.00 chisel thus driving the price of said tool up to $20.00 by the time I need to purchase one.:D

It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

you live in texas.... mexicans.

Thought about it. Last time I gave Mexicans work they stole a camera from the back seat of my car as I was giving them a ride back to their CORNER.

Don't want em in my house unless all my belongings are packed in sealed boxes ready to be loaded on the TRUCK.

Just sit in the next room cleaning some guns for the duration that they're in the house and tell them you had to take your Rottweiler over to a neighbour's as it always attacks Mexicans for some reason, (apologise and say you bought it from the border patrol after a judge ordered they couldn't use it as a working dog anymore after it killed some immigrant something, you don't know all the details), and you couldn't have it in the house while they were there working or you wouldn’t have been able to control it.

I agree. Did half my house that way. Each room took about a half day to rip the whole floor out. Another half day to lay a new sub-floor. The next day I finished the room. Plus you can level the floor if there is a small pitch. I went that route so I have no raised door enties. The room with a small rise is because I put a lamanite in that room.