ACMESkydiver

Fitness Fools...POST February 15th-February 22!

Sorry about the 'fools' thing...I'm running out of 'F' words to go after 'fitness'. :D:D:D

I'm feeling purdy good...I'm not getting on the scale for 40 days. That's my commitment to myself. B|

I did some Mari Windsor pilates, since I have the DVD's and my damn gym STILL has no classes!! >:(>:(>:(

I'm trying to tiptoe around the edge of whatever sickies my boys have caught yet again, and my resistance tanks when I over-exert working out. I'm working out every day, just keepin' it low key and not freaky hard. :ph34r:

Diet...still doing no preservatives, no processed white flours, no sugar...only exception being 'authorized' protein shakes, bars, etc. I'm feeling much better!

How are all of you doing? New routines? Anyone try something different?

A word on pilates...my hips hurt. B| It really worked those outer points. ;)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Gym this morning and yesterday morning. Hoping to take advantage of that nice weather forecast this weekend for some outdoor exercise.

And apparently I'll have a lot more flexibility in my schedule to work out starting Monday.:|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Did 40 pullups yesterday in sets of 10, then 150 pushups in sets of 50. Today I did a 30 minute run, managed 3.4 miles. About to do a bunch of situps before watching Fight Quest. Still got a lot of rage to get rid of.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Upper body- back and shoulders- with the trainer on Tuesday, cardio and legs last night. I was thinking arms tonight, but that was earlier. Now I'm thinking cardio, arms and abs tomorrow. I did spend Valentine's Day evening at the gym and all, so maybe I should spend tonight with the SO instead...... :S

So far I ran 6.66 miles this week. A little low for me but I am getting my hair highlighted tomorrow morning at the Salon and I plan to run there and back. THAT should make up for any miles that I didn't run during the week!!;)

I let ya know how it goes.

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I did legs and abs today. Not sure how I'm going to manage to eat healthy down in SoCal this weekend, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'll update next week on how I did!

-Maybe sushi counts as healthy! :)
~Jaye

It's not. But at least the corporate gym membership is prepaid through September.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Did 40 pullups yesterday in sets of 10, then 150 pushups in sets of 50. Today I did a 30 minute run, managed 3.4 miles. About to do a bunch of situps before watching Fight Quest. Still got a lot of rage to get rid of.

Oh I'm sorry to hear it...[:/] I really believe that things happen for a reason, sweetie...things always happen for a reason.

I'll PM you my military 'should have beens' and tell ya how they worked out for the better in the long run. Maybe it will be a tiny bit of comfort...
~Jaye

Upper body- back and shoulders- with the trainer on Tuesday, cardio and legs last night. I was thinking arms tonight, but that was earlier. Now I'm thinking cardio, arms and abs tomorrow. I did spend Valentine's Day evening at the gym and all, so maybe I should spend tonight with the SO instead...... :S

There's a plan! :)

I guess I need to do upper body today (sigh). :P
~Jaye

So far I ran 6.66 miles this week. A little low for me but I am getting my hair highlighted tomorrow morning at the Salon and I plan to run there and back. THAT should make up for any miles that I didn't run during the week!!;)

I let ya know how it goes.

Bobbi

OH BOY!!!! HAIR DAY! HAIR DAY!! HAIR DAY!!! :)

Oh, and nice running, too. :D

(I love hair days!) B| They make all the work you do in the gym/on the road stand out all the more. ;)
~Jaye

I swam a mile yesterday and am about to head into work, then to the pool for a dip. Want to do 1.5 miles in the pool today and will run a bit tonight with the Hash House Harriers.

:)

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I swam a mile yesterday and am about to head into work, then to the pool for a dip. Want to do 1.5 miles in the pool today and will run a bit tonight with the Hash House Harriers.

:)

Ok who the hell are the Hash House Harriers? :D
~Jaye

Update:

Because my fitness week ends on Saturdays....total miles ran/walked...13.34 or 19,217 steps!!! (And thats not including the steps that I took during work hours!! I'm on my feet all day long at work....[:/]) Maybe I should wear my pedometer at work too.;)

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I'll be babying my right knee for what I fear will turn into forever. I should really go to the doc. [:/]

I did 45 minutes of cardio, abs x 3, Isos - 10 rounds of 10 second holds, and push ups... in sets of - how ever the hell many can I do? and side isos - 45 seconds on each side.

Rinse and repeat.

Sadly, I was excited about 12 consecutive full body push ups. I've always been one for girly pushups, so punching out 'manly' push ups was pretty awesome. I even had decent form!!

I'll be back at the gym tomorrow...

Update:

Because my fitness week ends on Saturdays....total miles ran/walked...13.34 or 19,217 steps!!! (And thats not including the steps that I took during work hours!! I'm on my feet all day long at work....[:/]) Maybe I should wear my pedometer at work too.;)

Bobbi

I've heard that it's a good idea to wear a pedometer all day.

Good job on 13+ miles. B|
~Jaye

I'll be babying my right knee for what I fear will turn into forever. I should really go to the doc. [:/]

Prolly a good idea. :(

Take care of yourself! The rest of your workout looks pretty good!

-And 'girlie push-ups' vs. full push ups...yeah. I can relate to that. :$
~Jaye

I did legs and abs today. Not sure how I'm going to manage to eat healthy down in SoCal this weekend, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. I'll update next week on how I did!

you looked fabulous this week.........and sushi is healthy:):):):)....its the sake that got the best of us.:S:S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

does jumping and tunnel count???? while just about everyone else was complaining about being sore....I felt great....and figured out that yet I need to be stretching even more than I have been. but it was nice being in decent shape for a change.:D:D:D:D

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

does jumping and tunnel count???? while just about everyone else was complaining about being sore....I felt great....and figured out that yet I need to be stretching even more than I have been. but it was nice being in decent shape for a change.:D:D:D:D

It's paying off! I love it when you can tell that you're improving when your 'typical' stuff is easier and easier...B|
~Jaye

Still keeping up with my workouts. Had a few days off last week to rest and had some other stuff going on...

This week is crunch time as my cruise is this saturday and i'll be gone until march 2nd. I am going to try to keep up working out on the ship too, I'll feel like crap if I dont, so i'll wake up and do it early before the day actually starts..

Did the boardshorts test again last night with the rest of my shorts and I was pretty happy....definitely was expecting worse.

I also bought the Perfect Pushup a few days ago too for like $20 at Walmart.
(http://store.perfectpushup.com/home.php?cat=2&xid=718e834a033e346c9c94c2af50f87e71

You can actually feel the difference and he gives you a 21 day workout to do that you complete every other day. So I do those on days when i'm resting/doing cardio at the gym. They're small enough that I'll probably take them on the cruise with me too...

Definitely noticing a difference in my chest and my back when I flex and can tell that my stomach is slowly shrinking. :)
I'm down to 247 and 16% body fat. Gonna keep going hard though...especially for my new part-time job ;)

Oh and Acme, I'll probably buy some of the stuff we talked about after I get back...

Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----