Twoply

Can you pick who you fall in love with?

Of course you can.

Choosing who you fall into 'lust' with might not necessarily be a choice -but that requires follow up action to develop into love. You either choose to step to that path or you don't. Life is not some lame-ass fairy tale in which you have to marry the prince after 'falling in love' 5 minutes after meeting him.

I'm an advocate of: Take responsibility. Grow up. Choose the life you want to live. :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

sometimes love is unexpected and you wouldn't consciously choose that person to be with, choosing to be with the right or wrong person though is a choice... wait, be patient and the right one for you is clear...people always show who they really are eventually-

just my opinion though...

Choose the life you want to live. :)

But sometimes the life you want to live is not an option. I used to think that I had all the control and power over my life. Then in the blink of an eye, I learned that life is sometimes beyond my control. So I would agree with you to a point.... cuz sometimes no matter how much you want a life.... it's not possible.

And no... you don't pick who you fall in love with. [:/]

Choose the life you want to live. :)

But sometimes the life you want to live is not an option. I used to think that I had all the control and power over my life. Then in the blink of an eye, I learned that life is sometimes beyond my control. So I would agree with you to a point.... cuz sometimes no matter how much you want a life.... it's not possible.

Ok I can go with that to some extent. I wasn't meant to be 6' tall and rail thin so I won't be a super model. I won't be an astronaut, either. But if I carry that attitude over to the REST of my life, that 'I'll never be anything...whine whine, life is so unfair, bitch moan...' -that's when you become a failure, in my opinion. People like that are such a drain to have to be around. We have to take responsibility for the things that we can control.

And no... you don't pick who you fall in love with. [:/]

I completely disagree with that. That implies that we are as base as animals. If you take one more step back from that, we'll be saying that we can't control who we have sex with.

That's vile.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

That implies that we are as base as animals. That's vile.

I think us humans are more base than we generally realise and the subconscious mind has more influence than we'd like to credit. Not realising this is our coping mechanism and probably a necessary one.

If you take one more step back from that, we'll be saying that we can't control who we have sex with.

I've had sex with someone and regretted it, and known I'd regret beforehand but still done it, so I'd agree with that to a certain extent.
You may be more virtuous :)
but what do I know

You can decide with whom you are compatible. You can decide with whom you want to spend your life with.... But LOVE is more than companionship and caring. And I don't think it would be an "animalistic" trait to have. But then again, I don't know if wolves love their mates or if bunnies do..... or if it's just sex. But I think love is not something you choose.... it includes more than physical or personal characteristics, it's deeper than just lust or passion. . . . it's something that whether you want to feel it or not.... your heart decides.