swedishcelt

Swedishcelt's Penguin Plunge: She's going to freeze her @ss off for charity!!

Have Fun! I did the Polar Bear Plunge on New Year's Day this year into Lake Wissota in Chippewa Falls, WI to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern WI. The real feel temp on the ground was -7F that day. I would suggest that you for go the under armour, mask etc and recommend that you jump with as little as possible on. Less is best. I'm being serious! Its actually "warmer" when you get out to have skin exposed than it is to have wet clothing on your skin.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't know if I'd do it again in -7F but maybe if it was 20 or 30F I'd definitely do it again!

Oh, I'm glad you bumped this. The Special Olympics is really a great organization. Donation on the way! :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I threw some in the pot but I hope you don't freeze your cute little flippers off! ;) Hope to see you soon.

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

You're in luck, I just watched a program on the strength of Spec Ops soldiers. The guy who wrote the book I used to work out from, The Complete Guide to Navy SEAL Fitness, was on there, and was doing a physical test after being in an tub of 50 degree water for an hour. They couldn't get him to become hypothermic, because his resistance training taught him how to prolong the onset of hypothermia. Basically, he methodically tenses his core muscles, and keeps the blood flowing as much as possible. Shivering is normal, it just doesn't feel great. So fill up your bathtub with the coldest water you can get out of the faucet, dump a bunch of ice in it, and sit there as long as you possibly can, doing anything you can to keep the blood flowing. LI Sound will feel like nothing when you've completed that.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I'm going to do it. I may be scarred for life but it's for charity. I just now joined with my friend Linda, a non-DZ.commer. I would like to raise $500.00 and if anyone on here helps me out I will post pictures of me & my cold white heatsuckingbootymonster behind jumping in Long Island Sound on February 23rd, 2008. I may even be wearing a penguin suit, and those little suckers creep me out almost as much as squirrels and flies.

Has anyone else done it and if you have can you give me any tips on surviving it? I positively HATE the cold. Argh!! :o

Swedishcelt's Happy Feet Team for the PENGUIN PLUNGE for Special Olympics Charity!!

I have a relative involved in Special Olympics and it gives him incredible joy. Plus, I'll post myself freezing my ass off and that may give some of you joy. LOL. Please help if you feel led. If not, tips on avoiding hypothermia are also appreciated. B|

[I did ask Sangiro if I could post this and he said it was okay.]

I'm bumping this for any last minuters. :)