swedishcelt

Swedishcelt's Penguin Plunge: She's going to freeze her @ss off for charity!!

I'm going to do it. I may be scarred for life but it's for charity. I just now joined with my friend Linda, a non-DZ.commer. I would like to raise $500.00 and if anyone on here helps me out I will post pictures of me & my cold white heatsuckingbootymonster behind jumping in Long Island Sound on February 23rd, 2008. I may even be wearing a penguin suit, and those little suckers creep me out almost as much as squirrels and flies.

Has anyone else done it and if you have can you give me any tips on surviving it? I positively HATE the cold. Argh!! :o

Swedishcelt's Happy Feet Team for the PENGUIN PLUNGE for Special Olympics Charity!!

I have a relative involved in Special Olympics and it gives him incredible joy. Plus, I'll post myself freezing my ass off and that may give some of you joy. LOL. Please help if you feel led. If not, tips on avoiding hypothermia are also appreciated. B|

[I did ask Sangiro if I could post this and he said it was okay.]

My buddy is getting married that same weekend, otherwise I would totally freeze my balls off for charity.

I made a small contribution though, sorry I couldn't help with more! :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Under armor is your friend.
Its thin and its warm at the same time.

They sell these amazing ski masks that are very thin. I jumped last winter in -22* (F) once without and 7 times with the mask.

The first time was because I couldn't remember where I put the mask. I told the DZO "I am done jumping, its too cold up there." The next day, I found my mask and didnt notice the cold(6 jumps with it.)

Go buy some of those stick on heat pads (for back aches etc) stick em on. Wear a neck gator/warmer.

You can go to REI (or a similar store) and buy thin gloves.

...and of course everything else should be nude.;)

My photos

My Videos

...and of course everything else should be nude. ;)

Shoulda thought of THAT *before* you mentioned the Under Armor, don't you think??

*smacks jtval about the head with a large, smelly dead fish*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'm going to do it. I may be scarred for life but it's for charity. I just now joined with my friend Linda, a non-DZ.commer. I would like to raise $500.00 and if anyone on here helps me out I will post pictures of me & my cold white heatsuckingbootymonster behind jumping in Long Island Sound on February 23rd, 2008. I may even be wearing a penguin suit, and those little suckers creep me out almost as much as squirrels and flies.

Has anyone else done it and if you have can you give me any tips on surviving it? I positively HATE the cold. Argh!! :o

Swedishcelt's Happy Feet Team for the PENGUIN PLUNGE for Special Olympics Charity!!

I have a relative involved in Special Olympics and it gives him incredible joy. Plus, I'll post myself freezing my ass off and that may give some of you joy. LOL. Please help if you feel led. If not, tips on avoiding hypothermia are also appreciated. B|

[I did ask Sangiro if I could post this and he said it was okay.]

Nice!!!!!!! Congrats!!! Welcome to the polarbear club.

I've done plenty of cold water swims before. Some people like to just run in and run out as fast as possible. Me... i usually go in slower, and let my body get used to the temperature as i submerge myself more and more. That usually works for me, but like i said most people run in, and out very quickly. I can't wait to hear about it!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Um. Yeah.

Bubbles, you ENJOYED it??? I am doing the running thing.... you know.... the cartoon character/ cloud of smoke behind the booty going-so-fast kind of running thing. Yeah. Most definitely. I'll post pics but that's about it!!

Ya, i do them all the time. One time i had to break the ice in the lake to get in.. The last one was at the end of september in the Arctic Ocean... I think that counts!!! :)
They're just different. I wouldn't do it every day, but I'm going to be doing another one in the middle of February for charity!!!

It's a nobel cause :)
Can't wait to hear your experience about it!

Good Luck :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM