skydivr

Looking for pin risers

Does anyone know who/where is making the mini risers that use a pin as a toggle keeper? I have a set (love them), but trying to find set that includes RSL hookup.

Thanks
skydivr
Keith Abner
D-17590

"Those who do, can't explain; those who don't, can't understand"

It's Relative Workshop. Just ordered 2 new sets via telephone. They finally added RLS rings which is why I wanted a new set. They are great risers (will NOT accidentally come loose).

Thanks for the lead!
Keith Abner
D-17590

"Those who do, can't explain; those who don't, can't understand"

My J1 Javelin used to drop a brake line with almost regular monotony:|

Interesting. I've never had a problem with Sunpath's Velcro-less toggle / riser system on my Jav... except maybe once in several hundred jumps on it and I attributed that to the "shit happens" sometimes / below the noise level catagory.

Now in the past I have had problems with brakes coming unstowed on opening with, what happened to be what I was jumping at that time, Velcro'ed toggles, on a more "frequent" basis then I liked, BUT it was a problem were the "cat's eye" on the canopy steering lines where you set the brakes was "too big" and after sewing that up a bit, never had a problem with unstowed breaks on opening anymore.

the newer RWS risers IMO are absolutely the best risers out there. but i've never had any issues with Sunpath's velcroless risers either.

i love the hard housing in the RWS risers as well, but some people do not like them because they are slightly more bulky.

Sunpath has the hard housings in the risers too... so basically, the only diff between the two is that RWS uses a stright pin for the bottm "tuck" and Sunpath uses a hard fold of fabric just like the top of a toggle for the bottom "tuck"... :P ... oh, and RWS uses tape for the "sleeve" to stow the excess brake line on the back of the riser... where as Sunpath uses elastic... personally, I like the elastic better, but the tape on the RWS version works too... either way, better then stowing the excess through the top of the riser where the speed link or Slink attaches the lines to the riser... ;) ... anyway, we're splitin' nits... :)

Still the single best method for the riser inserts is Velocities. The Infinity risers are hands down the best idea ever for securing that hard housing.

I've had RWS, VSE and stock Jav risers. I'm on VSE's now and only wish they had the pin since its easier to stow other then that they are perfect.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

What Phree said. My RWS pin risers are sweet but the superior riser is sold by Velocity Sports. Great toggle setup and the best hard housing around. They're a pain to pack but worth it in cable protection.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

What Phree said. My RWS pin risers are sweet but the superior riser is sold by Velocity Sports. Great toggle setup and the best hard housing around. They're a pain to pack but worth it in cable protection.

Yup. Stowing the toggle is slower than with others, but I really like mine.

Ditto. VSE makes the single nicest riser in the business right now. The Pin risers from RWS make it hard to get many stainless gromet sliders down, and the pins can be knocked free...
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Sunpath's Velcro-less toggles/risers work good too IMO. I see you jump a Javelin (according to your profile)... why didn't you order a replacement set of Type 17 risers from Sunpath with toggles/risers... they come standard with RSL hook-up I believe too.

You are correct! RSL ring comes standard on Sunpath risers.
That reminds me of a rig I worked on. The owner tried to remove the RSL ring from the riser of his new Javelin. He removed the 3rd. ring of the 3-Ring!

Chuck

You're talking about two different things.

Parachutes de France makes toggles that set the brakes using a metal pin, but use two tuck tabs to secure the toggle.

RWS makes toggles that replace the bottom tuck tab with a metal pin, but they set the brakes with a tucktab.

See attachments.

Sunpath's Velcro-less toggles/risers work good too IMO. I see you jump a Javelin (according to your profile)... why didn't you order a replacement set of Type 17 risers from Sunpath with toggles/risers... they come standard with RSL hook-up I believe too.

You are correct! RSL ring comes standard on Sunpath risers.
That reminds me of a rig I worked on. The owner tried to remove the RSL ring from the riser of his new Javelin. He removed the 3rd. ring of the 3-Ring!

Chuck

:o

LMAO!

That's funny!!

:D

Anyway... ALL OF the risers folks have talked about here WORK. If someone perfers one over the other, fine, but remember they're all basically the same and they all work.

;)

Anyway... Anyway...

skyblu3... "parachutes de France were the first to come out with this design in the mid 90's"

ernokaikkonen
..."You're talking about two different things.

Parachutes de France makes toggles that set the brakes using a metal pin, but use two tuck tabs to secure the toggle.

RWS makes toggles that replace the bottom tuck tab with a metal pin, but they set the brakes with a tucktab. "

Thanks for the pics, ernokaikkonen.

Skyblu3, I think the de Fance system is what used to be called "Zoo Toggles"... maybe Chuck will know (masterrig)... or pretty close to it and I believe they've been around longer then the 90s.

The good folks at VSE do an outstanding job paying attention to detail throughout the entire rig.

For Great Deals on Gear