chaoskitty

Alternatives to cussing

I'm so glad I read this so now I know not to let you be around my children, you big potty mouth. :P

Geez, Shoot and Darn is usually what I say around children. I know, not the same, huh?

I've been IM-ing with your kids for years.... teaching them everything they know about swearing. :D
Now I'll start teaching them "alternative swearing". ;)

learn to swear in a foreigh language! ;)

How about, for starters:

Bon Dieu!
Merde alors!
Pirate d'eau douce!
Gibier de potence?

More insightfull ideas here: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_insultes_du_capitaine_Haddock
:D
Remster

I just use the letter, instead of FUck You! I say F You.

Friend of mine at the DZ years ago had a T-shirt that said "yuck fou" on the front. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think I've been swearing too much lately. Particularly using "Jesus!".. or "Jeeeesus!", which ya know.. just isn't right. I just can't think of another word that quite expresses the same level of exhaspiration. :) I'm really OK with anything but Jesus.. or Jesus fuckin titty H Christ. That one takes too long to say. :D

Maybe some of you who dont swear, or who are around kids alot can tell me what you do instead of swearing.

Spence, I don't expect you'll have any input here. :D:P

"Bollocks"

"D'oh!"

"Cheese & Rice" instead of "Jesus Christ"

"No need to bring him into this" reflexively in response to "goddamn" or "Jesus Christ"

"Frickin'" or "freaking" instead of "fucking."

"Dog's bollocks" instead of "kick ass," "fucking A," etc.

Not everyone can pull it off, but you probably can, at least some of the time:

Instead of "Fuck You!" or "Fuck Me!"just go ahead and rape aggressively seduce the person(s) you were talking to, or who might have overheard the oral version if you had shouted the exclamation.

"son of a poundsigndollarsignpercentagesymbolcarrotampersand" "sumbitch" instead of "son of a bitch"
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Just take longer to think about what you're going to say.

My mother rarely swore (although I did learn "Jesus Christ on a corkscrew" from her :|), but it would be hard to say that she couldn't get the degree of her anger, upsetness, or disgust across.

Anyway, it gives you the opportunity to use a whole lotta big words and bafffle 'em with bs...

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How about "Sheesh!" or just groan. ;)

Or "Balls" is always funny. :D

I like balls. :)

Wow, they just let this one slide, huh?

I guess it's not news. :ph34r:

We didn't want to mar any innocence you had left here.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Balls" is always funny. :D

Everyone in the office where I work says 'balls' except me. I even heard the CEO say it this morning. I just say 'shit.' It's easier IMO.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself