chaoskitty

Alternatives to cussing

Yeah.. just "balls" alone isnt very much fun.

How about "Bollocks"???

Thats just foreign swearing. ;)
here in OZ and also in NZ it's not uncommon for some to say Bugger, instead of (ohshit, or oh fuck).
Toyota made a comercial about it
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah.. just "balls" alone isnt very much fun.

How about "Bollocks"???

Thats just foreign swearing. ;)

That would depend upon where you are... It's far from foreign here.;)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Many years ago, I was working in a hotel and we had a trucker who would stay with us every week. We got to know him very well. He was a Southern Baptist. Instead of saying 'Jesus Christ', he would say 'Judas Priest'. He delivered that perfectly.

I myself am much more of a potty mouth here on dz.com than I am in real life. I do cuss, but you'll never hear me use any of the God references. They're just not in my vocabulary. I actually cringe a little when I hear someone else say them, but that's just me.

I do use the word 'fuck', but never in a professional setting, in front of my parents or anyone I don't know. So, I guess I naturally self-filter.

If you want to quit cussing, instead of trying to find substitute words, why not change the cussing mentality? After all, it's not so much the words you say, but the intent behind them that is important. If you're just substituting one word for another, your intent remains the same.

In short, the alternative to cussing is simply not cussing.

Edited to add: but what the fuck do I know.

I agree - you should use forign cuss words though - Like Bollocks - I like that one.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think I'd make a better blasphemer than a Southern Baptist trucker.

Isn't Judas Priest one of those bands that requires a mullet for concert admission?

Yes, I think mullets were required. I never listened to them.

Anyway, it was the way the trucker delivered the phrase that made it work. I couldn't do it because I have too much of a NY accent.:S

I've been IM-ing with your kids for years.... teaching them everything they know about swearing.

Jesus Christ! I knew it was you! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think I've been swearing too much lately. Particularly using "Jesus!".. or "Jeeeesus!", which ya know.. just isn't right. I just can't think of another word that quite expresses the same level of exhaspiration. :) I'm really OK with anything but Jesus.. or Jesus fuckin titty H Christ. That one takes too long to say. :D

Maybe some of you who dont swear, or who are around kids alot can tell me what you do instead of swearing.

Spence, I don't expect you'll have any input here. :D:P

So wrong you are. Why would you holler out some mexican guys name when you are upset about something?

If you want to quit cussing, instead of trying to find substitute words, why not change the cussing mentality? After all, it's not so much the words you say, but the intent behind them that is important. If you're just substituting one word for another, your intent remains the same.

In short, the alternative to cussing is simply not cussing.

Edited to add: but what the fuck do I know.

I cuss instead of choking the shit out of someone so I think I'm better off.:)

I occasionally use, "Shit and shinola" but that doesn't work does it?

How about, "Holy Bejeezus and pass the peas"?

Tell you what. Use this and you'll be over the anxiety before you get to the end and you'll leave off the last word just out of sheer boredom if nothing else:
"Sorry sap-sucking son of a sea-going sack of Siberian sheep shit"
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Most who know me, know that I've got a potty mouth...

I've tried very hard to stop, but FUCK, and SHIT just seem to flow out of my mouth like butter.

I've tried using flock, or fart
and Ka Ka
and poo

Buttmunch is a good one for me i/o asshole or shithead. :ph34r:

oi

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I just said, "damnit, this fucking tv" when I couldn't get the three stupid remotes to work now that I have a stupid receiver in my house. I was told, "you sound like an ordinary skydiver."

That's a compliment, right? :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon