chaoskitty

Alternatives to cussing

I think I've been swearing too much lately. Particularly using "Jesus!".. or "Jeeeesus!", which ya know.. just isn't right. I just can't think of another word that quite expresses the same level of exhaspiration. :) I'm really OK with anything but Jesus.. or Jesus fuckin titty H Christ. That one takes too long to say. :D

Maybe some of you who dont swear, or who are around kids alot can tell me what you do instead of swearing.

Spence, I don't expect you'll have any input here. :D:P

I think I've been swearing too much lately. Particularly using "Jesus!".. or "Jeeeesus!", which ya know.. just isn't right. I just can't think of another word that quite expresses the same level of exhaspiration. :) I'm really OK with anything but Jesus.. or Jesus fuckin titty H Christ. That one takes too long to say. :D

Maybe some of you who dont swear, or who are around kids alot can tell me what you do instead of swearing.

Spence, I don't expect you'll have any input here. :D:P

When my nephew was about 3 years old, he picked up the bad habit of repeating what his dad would say when he was "upset".

So if my nephew dropped a toy off the table, out of his mouth would come "Oh, f@$K".

We managed to get him to stop saying that and he adopted "DANG IT!"

Try that. :)
'Shell

I like to say "Holy mother of DOGS!" Oh, and "CRAPSICLES!" :D

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I'm so glad I read this so now I know not to let you be around my children, you big potty mouth. :P

Geez, Shoot and Darn is usually what I say around children. I know, not the same, huh?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you want to quit cussing, instead of trying to find substitute words, why not change the cussing mentality? After all, it's not so much the words you say, but the intent behind them that is important. If you're just substituting one word for another, your intent remains the same.

In short, the alternative to cussing is simply not cussing.

Edited to add: but what the fuck do I know.

instead of cussing i've used: holy cannoli, holy cow, holy guacamole, bogus, bush league, hambugers, sweet fancy moses, stinking, and flipping.

once came close to losing it in front of my nephew but i ended up calling someone an- inconsiderate pig faced bag of rat guts.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

If you want to quit cussing, instead of trying to find substitute words, why not change the cussing mentality? After all, it's not so much the words you say, but the intent behind them that is important. If you're just substituting one word for another, your intent remains the same.

In short, the alternative to cussing is simply not cussing.

Edited to add: but what the fuck do I know.

I see your point.. but nah.. too deep. :P

I'm so glad I read this so now I know not to let you be around my children, you big potty mouth. :P

Geez, Shoot and Darn is usually what I say around children. I know, not the same, huh?

I've been IM-ing with your kids for years.... teaching them everything they know about swearing. :D
Now I'll start teaching them "alternative swearing". ;)

Instead of "God", I use "gosh" or "goodness".

Instead of saying "Jesus", (which I personally have never really used anyways) I say "Geez" (formerly written as "geese" apparently reading my old posts. :S:$:D).

There is no substitute for "fuck". This much I know.

:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden's favorite cuss phrase seems to be "dadgumit" instead of goddamnit.

It's not the same, but it's funny when he says it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban