BillyVance

So what did you have for dinner tonight?

Had some good friends over so we went all out on the menu.

Appetizers:
Homemade Pepper Jelly with cream cheese and crackers
Havarti's cheese and crackers

Salad with veggies and 4 dressings to choose from

Pub Fondue:

1 garlic clove, halved
1 1/4 cups beer (I used Newcastle Brown Ale)
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon dry or powdered mustard
pepper to season

serve with cubed and toasted French bread

Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove, mince the rest of the garlic and throw in the pot, add beer and heat until bubbly.

Toss cheeses in flour and mustard. Over low heat, add cheeses to beer, a handful at a time, constantly stirring. Season with pepper, until mixture is smooth. Transfer pot from stove to table over Sterno heater and help yourself. Enough for 4 people.

Serve dinner with your choice of wine. White dry or semi-sweet Muscadine.

We do fondue about twice a year. Always good stuff. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We are having roast and au gratin potatoes but doc and I both worked today so it was something quick and easy -
Doc and I may have to venture to see you esp if you are cooking like that!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

We are having roast and au gratin potatoes but doc and I both worked today so it was something quick and easy -

Fondue is a family specialty... We only do it about twice a year, but if I had more requests, I'd do it more often. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Fondue is a family specialty... We only do it about twice a year, but if I had more requests, I'd do it more often. ;)

alright....come to lost prairie for the boogie...do fondue and we can do wine tasting the same night....great combo heh?????:P:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

alright....come to lost prairie for the boogie...do fondue and we can do wine tasting the same night....great combo heh?????:P:P

I'd love to do Lost Prairie, but it's so far and out of my budget. [:/]

I'd love to do Lost Prairie, but it's so far and out of my budget. [:/]

I am going to get you two out here some way some how some day:D:D:D:D
DPH # 2